E-Mail Youtube Instagram














BTS Comic Cafe 만화가게 V from Run! BTS Ep 66
Tuesday 13 August 2019 at August 13, 2019
Located right along the bustling streets of Gangnam, I decided to pay Cartoon Shop V, or 만화가게 V a visit after shopping at the Chicor Flagship Store. If you're a BTS ARMY, you should be familiar with this comic cafe as it was first featured in the Anpanman Skit where Taehyung and Jimin visited the cafe, ate some delicious food and cuddled together in the resting area while Taehyung studied English! It was later featured again on episode 66 of Run! BTS where all 7 members gathered together to play games and compete with the Run! BTS staff.

 

This cafe is located on the second floor of a building called 영동빌딩 (google map) which is located in between Nonhyeon and Sinnonhyeon subway station. In my opinion, it is located slightly nearer to Nonhyeon station. Keep a lookout for the logo and signage of the cafe as they also have a sign outside the building! We took the stairs up and it being a pretty small building, it didn't require any effort at all to find the cafe. Upon arrival, there are pictures of the boys outside and also a notice to remind visitors that this isn't a tourist attraction so you're not allowed to simply go there just to snap photos!



To enter the cafe and gain access to their facilities, you'll need to pay 3,000 won per pax for an hour of staying in the cafe. I find this reasonably priced if you're a comic fanatic and even if you're not keen on reading comics, there are also board games available. One of the reasons why I wanted to visit the cafe was also because the food looked delicious! The cafe has a "BTS menu", so you can order whatever BTS ordered when they visited. 



I decided to go with a simple bowl of ramen and the sausage and rice cakes (sau-tteok) Jungkook was raving about. I can't remember the prices of the food but I remembered it being very expensive considering how the menu simply consists of instant food. The ramen was none other than plain ol' instant Shin ramen and the sau-tteok was just covered in ketchup and fried shallots. 




When we arrived at the cafe, it was literally empty for awhile before one guy came in to chill in one of the tents at the back. The cafe was very clean, very quiet, and well-organized and even the pillows and in-house slippers were neatly arranged. After I had my fill, I decided to take a break in one of the resting area where Taehyung and Jimin were cuddling at. The pillows and blankets felt a little dusty and... Dirty. Obviously, I don't expect them to wash them everyday so just a heads up if you're somehow expecting them to be clean. 




BTS stickers can be found at the specific spots where the members had hung out at, if you wanna be a creep like me and make sure that I'm using the same table as Taehyung and Jimin.......... Like I mentioned, the cafe was empty so it wasn't difficult getting these spots at all. 



Overall, I thought it was an interesting visit since I don't think I've ever been to a comic cafe in my life. But it was definitely an expensive experience since my boyfriend and I simply ate there so we basically paid 6,000won on top of the expensive food just to have processed, instant food. The cafe was also awfully quiet since it was empty and so I'm not sure if it'd be appropriate to actually play board games there while other people are reading. Nevertheless, if you're a BTS ARMY, I do think it's worth paying it a visit while you're around the area! Before you leave, make sure to leave a message for the boys because who knows, they might be back again during their free time or for another episode of Run! BTS! 

Labels: , , ,