E-Mail Youtube Instagram














In-flight Skincare Essentials and Routine
Sunday 21 May 2017 at May 21, 2017
If you are someone like me, a person who basically falls fast asleep on any moving vehicle, you may not notice the air conditions in the plane. But air in the plane is extremely drying due to the difference in air pressure and other scientific factors that I have no clue about, so it is very important to keep yourself hydrated and, skin moisturized during a plane journey.


Arriving at my holiday destination with break outs and dry skin is definitely not something I would want, so here are my in-flight essentials and in-flight skincare routine to prevent my skin from drying out. Along with the products, I thought I'd share with you how I keep my liquids along the minimum of 100ml for carry-ons.



FYI: I began my in-flight skincare routine with 0 make-up on. Since my flight this time round was at night/in the early morning, it was unnecessary for me to put on any make-up.

1. Drinking water

Hydrating your body on the inside is equally important as hydrating your skin on the outside, so drink up! I gotta admit that I was really bad at this step though because I hate going to the toilets in planes and I was literally asleep during the entire journey (except meal times of course). So with that said, I will always order plain drinking water during my meal times instead of coffee or tea as I believe plain water does a better job in hydrating my body. *Drinking water can also be used to wash your face if needed! To further prevent yourself from being dehydrated, you can also start hydrating yourself days before your flight to keep your system going.

2. Cotton Pads soaked in Garnier Micellar Water


Instead of bringing the entire bottle of Micellar Water (125ml is actually travel-sized), I simply soaked a bunch of cotton pads in the Garnier Micellar Water and packed it in a zip-lock bag so it is much more convenient. Plus, this method really helped save a ton of space in my bag!

You can also use facial wipes if you want to, but I prefer using the Micellar Water as it is refreshing and gentle, yet it is strong enough to remove any residues and dirt on my face before I start my skincare routine. To remove any excess essence or overnight mask, I can simply use these cotton pads to wipe them off as well.

3. Pixi's Glow Tonic (45ml)


Moving on to actual skincare products, I've brought along with me Pixi's Glow Tonic (45ml) which is a highly raved cult favourite. This toner was included in the Best of Bright Kit Set I got during the 20% Sephora Sales in May! The main reason why I chose this toner was because of it's travel friendly size. I also purchased the actual travel-sized version of the Glow Tonic (100ml) to bring along in my trip but the 45ml one was more suitable and practical to use on the plane. The plane is not the cleanest place to be so I love how this toner exfoliates my skin and effectively removes any excess oils and stubborn dirt.

4. Pixi's Overnight Glow Serum


Filled with vitamins and natural calming ingredients such as cucumber and aloe vera, this serum is sure to keep your skin feeling supple and rejuvenated throughout the flight. This serum is supposed to help nourish your skin while you sleep (hence, overnight glow serum) which is great for midnight flights! Unfortunately, this does not come in a travel size so I had to find a way to store it in a different bottle. I got the MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule last year in this adorable travel-friendly bottle which was perfect to transfer this serum into! I only use 2 drops of this every night so I didn't have to fill up the 10ml.

5. Dr.G ActiFirm Real Lifting Cream aka Moisturiser 


Next up, moisturize. I decided to bring along this Dr.G moisturiser which is also an anti-aging cream as it is thick, very moisturizing, and yet doesn't leave my oily skin looking greasy. I exceptionally love the creamy texture of this cream that seems to melt into my skin once I have smoothed it on. Loss of moisture is one of the causes of aging so an anti-aging cream will be the perfect one to use. Since I won't be carrying my eye cream with me, I have just applied an additional layer of this product around the delicate eye areas. No holiday trip will be complete without these little containers. I actually bought these mini round tubs from Daiso last year when I went to Bangkok.

6. InnisFree Sleeping Masks 


For my choice of mask, I have brought with me 3 tubes of Innisfree's sleeping packs! This is seriously gold. Whilst searching for an overnight mask or sleeping packs to bring, I discovered that I have received these mini sleeping packs as a gift from Innisfree probably last year and I completely forgotten about them! They come in a tube instead of a tub which makes it very easy to dispense and apply on the plane.

Most people will bring a sheet mask on flights, but if your flight journey is long, an overnight mask will keep your skin hydrated and moisturized longer as overnight masks are designed to last you the entire night as compared to sheet masks that are designed for only approximately 30 minutes.

And while 3 tubes might seem a lot... Just know that I'm bringing extras for my boyfriend too.

7. The Face Inc Primer Mist 


Y'all should know by now that facial mists is one of my current obsessions. This particular one from The Face Inc promises to give your skin up to 15x hydration, and it only comes in 15ml bottles which is super travel-friendly and fits nicely into the 100ml restriction. The fuss-free, lightweight and slim mist bottle also makes it really easy to carry around. In desperate need of hydration? Simply pull this mist out and give your face a couple of spritz and you're good to go! I've previously done a review for this facial mist, so if you're interested to read on more, click here.

8. A bunch of Samples


Being a beauty guru, taking care of my boyfriend's skin is also one of my life's mission (just kidding) and since he doesn't have a fix skincare routine or any particular skincare products to bring with him, I have just thrown in a couple of skincare samples I received while shopping online for him to pick while we're on board. If you're not fussy about your skincare, these samples are great as they are small, light and they contain the right amount of product for one to two times usage. Personally, I'll be using the Rose Hip Perfume Hair Oil as coming down the plane with dry, unkept and messy hair is not exactly the look I go for.

9. Troiareuke Seoul Aesthetic Cushion


Before alighting, we gotta slap some make-up on. I have brought along with me quite a number of make-up on my flight but decided that since this is a 99% skincare product, I'll just add this to the list. The easiest way to get both SPF and foundation on, is an air cushion foundation. Without doubt, I am bringing with me one of the Troiareuke Cushions. In my make-up pouch in my check-in luggage, I have packed along my holy grail cushion - Troiareuke's A+ Cushion and so for in-flight, I decided to go for the Troiareuke Seoul Aesthetic Cushion which is also one of my favourites.

And that wraps up my in-flight skincare essentials and routine! I hope this post will be helpful for anyone of you who will be traveling soon and I definitely hope you'll have a great trip!

Labels: , , , , , ,