E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: The Herb Farm Skincare for Oily & Combination Skin
Tuesday 11 April 2017 at April 11, 2017
I'm back with another skincare review! This time round, I will be reviewing 3 skincare products from a brand called The Herb Farm.


The Herb Farm is a brand originated from New Zealand and the founder believes that herbs are able to provide natural healing properties as well as skincare benefits to our skin and body. Therefore, all products from the herb farm contains different types of herbs that are loving grown in the farm, resulting in 100% natural, and high quality skincare products.


For more information about the brand, feel free to drop by their website (here) to read on more.

So few weeks back, I received a set of the Herb Farm's skincare products from Blackbox, and the box I received is suitable for people with oily and combination skin. If you don't have oily skin, Blackbox also offers another set for normal skin type! This box is retailing at only $69.90 (UP $131) and if you'd like another 10% off on all your purchases on Blackbox, make sure to punch in my discount code, "BBXMAUREEN10"!


The first product is the Energizing Gel Cleanser (200ml, UP S$43), aka, a facial cleanser. First off, we have to talk about the packaging. It comes in a beautiful brown frosted glass bottle with a pump. Unfortunately, I can't seem to release the pump (well, apparently my mom said I spoilt it...), so currently I'm just pouring it out straight from the bottle. But if you managed to get your pump to work, dispensing the product will be a piece of cake. I also love how the label has touches of copper and baby pink which makes it look very pretty in my bathroom, and instagram-worthy.


Despite being a gel cleanser, it foams up quite well and feels really smooth and gentle on my skin too. It effectively removes impurities and make-up (even mascara!), leaving my skin feeling soft, fresh and clean. Since this cleanser is formulated specially for oily to combination skin, it also helps cleanse and heal any blemishes and acne, as well as balance your skins natural oils to keep it healthy.

Since I have coincidentally finished up my previous facial cleanser, I have been using and loving this one as I noted that it does not make my skin feel tight and uncomfortable after washing, but my skin still feels extremely clean and soft!


Up next, we gotta tone our skin with the Clarifying Facial Toning Mist (100ml, UP S$39). Well, if you have been following me, you'll know that I am currently obsessed with facial mists, as well as toners with a spray nozzle! So I was extremely pleased to see that they have included one in this box. This toning mist is used to reduce the oils in your skin, re-balance your skins pH, as well as minimize any enlarged pores for a smoother and much radiant complexion. Feel free to use it throughout the day to re-hydrate and re-freshen your skin and make-up too!

This toner has a really light, calming, yet uplifting scent that reminds me of lemongrass. In the past, my skin tends to get oily during the afternoon especially when I don't have any powder on. However, after using this product, I did notice that my skin felt less oilier and looked less shiny! One thing to note though, is that this product also comes in a similar glass bottle, hence it is quite heavy to carry around if you're planning to get a facial mist to bring around in your handbag.


The last step is to moisturize, so here we've got the Light Jojoba Face Cream (50ml, UP S$49). This moisturizer is formulated to help balance out your skins natural oils, while aiding the healing process of any blemishes. It contains powerful herbal extracts and oils to assist with acne problems and to promote skin renewal. Jojoba is known to be very moisturizing, but since this cream is suitable for oily and combination skin, it gets absorbed in very easily and does not leave my skin feeling overly moisturized and oily!


Recently, I have been receiving a lot of new moisturizers to test out and review. But currently, I must say that this is one of my favourites as I find myself reaching to it more often than the rest. This moisturizer has a really light scent that reminds me of Chinese herbs, which is quite fascinating!


Overall, I am loving the products from The Herb Farm and knowing that they are also available at selected Watsons stores, I am interested to go check out what other products they have to offer! But if you're looking to try them out for the first time and would like to get them at a really good deal, definitely check out the sets available on Blackbox. After using their products for close to 2 weeks, I did notice an improvement in my skin in terms of break outs and the healing process of existing spots and pimples. Prior to using these products, I had a bunch of small pimples all over my forehead but now, they are pretty much cleared so I am really amazed with the results! Therefore, I do recommend this set of skincare products to anyone with oily/combination skin and perhaps even sensitive skin as I do feel like these products are really gentle on my skin.

Labels: , , ,