E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Klairs Korean Skincare
Monday 18 September 2017 at September 18, 2017
If you are into Korean skincare or makeup, you must have heard of the brand Klairs. Even though majority of the products from Klairs are skincare, their Mochi BB Cushion is one of the most reviewed cushions at the moment! Klairs is a Korean brand that is known for their eco-friendly cosmetics products, free from harsh chemicals like alcohol, paraben and artificial colouring which makes their skincare suitable for people with sensitive and/or troubled skin.


They are also against animal testing which is always a reason to support. When I went to Korea in May 2017, I spotted their products in Aland alongside other popular Korean brands like Heimish and Cosrx. I was contemplating on getting the Klaris Midnight Blue Calming Cream but at that point of them, my luggage was already stuffed full with skincare products.



Thankfully, My Beauty Moments offered to send me a number of Klairs products to try out and I couldn't be more excited! My Beauty Moments is an online shop based in Singapore that sells 100% authentic Korean skincare and makeup products that are difficult (or impossible) to find in our island. A few of the brands they currently carry are Klairs, Cosrx, Eglips, BbiA, Ciracle, By Wishtrend, and more! Even in Korea, it was nearly impossible to find Eglips and BbiA products in stores so I was thrilled to find these brands on their website. One thing I noticed is that their prices are very reasonable and very similar to the prices in Korea. For example, I bought the Cosrx Advance Snail 92 All In One Cream from Korea for S$23 and it costs the same in My Beauty Moments! Also, I bought the Cosrx One Step Pimple Clear Pads in Korea for S$21 and it only costs S$19.90 online.

Delivery is made using NinjaVan which is one of my favourite courier service as well because they deliver really quickly, and they also offer collection points if you are unsure whether or not you will be at home to receive your package.


So as the title suggests, today I will be reviewing the Klairs skincare products from My Beauty Moments. You guys know that I receive so many skincare products from various companies. But even so, I always make sure to test them out for at least 2 to 3 weeks before I review them, just to ensure that my review is accurate and helpful. For this range of skincare products, I have been using them for a month and I think I'm ready to do this review!

After I've cleansed my skin, I always go in with a toner to prep my skin for the other skincare products I'm about to put on. Here we have the Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner.



First off, I love the dark tinted packaging of this product and it reminds me of products from Fresh, The Body Shop and Aesop! When choosing a toner, I always go for non-irritant or low-irritant toners as I have acne-prone skin and I tend to use toners very frequently. Even though I don't have sensitive skin, using an alcoholic toner long-term might cause your skin to become sensitive in the future. Therefore, I'm glad that this toner here is non-irritant (so it's suitable for people with sensitive skin too!) which feels gentle on my skin.

Like I said, I use a toner very frequently. Sometimes, I remove my makeup in the middle of the day and I don't really want to go in with my evening skincare routine yet. So at this point of time, I will often apply only a toner to provide some hydration to my skin. Some toners don't provide hydration but thankfully, this toner contains Phyto-Oligo which is a key ingredient to moisturizing skin.

This toner also ensures that the Ph levels in your skin is well-balanced. Previously, I did a blog post on my favourite Korean skincare products for breakouts and I mentioned the importance of keeping the Ph levels in your skin balanced. When your skins' Ph level is balanced, not only is your skin less dry, but it also allows the other skincare products to get absorbed in and work more effectively.

To use this product, I pour a suitable amount onto a cotton pad and sweep it all across my skin in an upward motion to remove any accumulated or stubborn dirt. So far, I have been thoroughly enjoying this toner as my skin hasn't broke out due to the change in skincare products. Unlike my other toners (eg. Mamonde Rose Water Toner, Son&Park Beauty Water...), this toner is also thicker in consistency and it also has a very light calming fragrance which I love!

Next up, we've got the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream, which is the product I have been wanting to try!


The packaging is similar to the toner which is cute but this time round, it's a tub and I love the visual of the actual product more! This is definitely the first time I've used a cream that's blue! Don't worry though, as once you smooth it on your face, it doesn't turn you into Avatar. The blue hue is caused by an ingredient called Guaiazulene which is a plant-based ingredient extracted from Chamomile, and it's known to be able to help calm damaged skin cells and regenerate new ones.

Like the name suggests, this cream helps to calm and soothe any irritations and redness. Being acne-prone, my skin tend to go red with inflammation and spots, especially after a facial. Other than the redness caused by acne, this cream also helps to soothe and protect your skin from skin irritations caused by heat and external factors. I don't think this product is very moisturising on its own even though it is quite thick, and I believe it should be used more for what I've mentioned above rather than to provide moisture. Therefore, after applying this cream on any redness on my face, which is mainly my cheeks due to the heat and any breakout areas, I will still go in with my regular moisturiser to ensure ample hydration. This product is also recommended to be used at night, to help calm your skin while you get your beauty rest.

One simple tip I have is to put this cream in the fridge before applying. Sometimes when I have a breakout, my skin tends to get sensitive and itchy, and so I love using this to soothe the affected area and the cold cream just makes it even more cooling and less itchy.

Before I step out the house, I always make sure to apply sunscreen on my face first. Sunscreen has been an important part of my skincare routine and thankfully, I have finally cultivated the habit of applying sunscreen. So up next is the Klairs Midday Blue Sun Lotion! As you can tell from its' name, this product is also blue due to the same ingredient, Guaiazulene.



This sun lotion brightens up my complexion which I love because I have dull skin. But if you are only going to appear sunscreen, aka if you won't be applying any foundation over it, you do need to control the amount to put on, especially if you have medium or dark skin tone, as too much product will turn your skin way paler than it is which might appear unnatural. I love that the brightening effect stays on throughout the day too.

This sun lotion is quite thick and I personally think that it takes a slightly longer time to blend it all out, also because of its blue hues, you really want it to be evenly blended in. After blending, I noticed how the blue tint really does helps to cover up any redness which leaves my skin looking clear and fresh. As it contains the same key ingredient as the cream above, you basically get similar benefits such as protection from skin irritants such as UV rays and the heat.

The last product from Klairs is the Rich Moist Soothing Sheet Mask.


To live up to its eco-friendly name, Klairs uses only 100% pure organic cotton sheet masks that is soft and comfortable to wear. I feel like this mask is suitable for people with both dry or oily skin because it not only gives hydration to your skin, but it also tackles the problem of sebum production.

It is recommended to pop this mask into the fridge for about 5 minutes before applying so the cold temperature can further enhance the soothing treatment of this mask. Cold masks are one of my favourite things in life, especially when it's so hot outside. I personally love using this mask whenever my skin feels a little irritated from the heat or acne. After using it, my skin feels calm and less red and the pure cotton sheet makes it very comfortable to wear too.

Overall, I have enjoyed the products from Klairs, my favourite product is definitely the toner and the sun lotion because I have been using them every single day. I like to use my toners interchangeably, but I find myself going to this one more than the rest of my toners. As for the sun lotion, I just love how it brightens up my skin tone and cancel out all the redness that I frequently have on my cheeks. It also feels lightweight after it has absorbed into my skin so it doesn't get mixed up together with my foundation. So far, I believe all the products are working effectively as none of the products are causing any bad reactions to my skin.

If you are keen on trying these non-irritant skincare products from Korea, make sure to head on over to My Beauty Moments to check them out, and if you'd like to see these products in action, feel free to click here to watch my video review of these goodies!

Labels: , , , , ,