E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Vely Vely Black Sesame Clarifying Mask vs Sweet Rice Cake Peel Off Mask
Friday 23 March 2018 at March 23, 2018
Applying masks is a great way to pamper your skin, and yourself, without breaking the bank. I personally love masking, and I do it really often especially in the evenings before I go to bed while I pack my bag for work the next day. Instead of waiting until my skin breaks out, or show signs of dryness, I like to apply a mask as and when I feel like it to prevent those skin problems from arising.



Therefore, I was really pleased to expand my mask collection with the Vely Vely Black Sesame Clarifying Mask and Sweet Rice Cake Peel Off Mask! These two masks are peel off masks which I was very interested in as I recently found my pore strips whilst spring cleaning, and the peel off effect just worked so well for removing any blackheads and whiteheads on my nose. After seeing that Vely Vely is offering these two peel off masks, I couldn't help but to test them out for myself!




The first one I tried was the Vely Vely Black Sesame Clarifying Mask. I first used it because I was getting a little lazy to exfoliate my skin, and so I thought this mask would be a quicker and easier way to remove any blackheads and dead skin cells. This mask is black in colour due to the 'black' ingredients (black sesame extract, black rice extract, and black bean extract) used to formulate it, and these ingredients help provide nutrients to the skin to keep it healthy and radiant. Other than providing nutrients, removing blackheads and dead skin cells, this mask is also formulated to provide moisture, calm sensitive and stressed skin, as well as assist with pore care and anti-aging.


My first impressions of this mask is that it smells DELICIOUS. It literally smells like a sesame dessert or like 'muah chee' (glutinous rice balls covered in peanut and sugar), and this is the first for a skincare product! My favourite part about this mask is that you don't have to apply a thick layer of it, so it dries up really quickly and evenly. Even with a thin layer, the mask is firm and does not tear apart easily while peeling. After the mask has dried up (approx. 30 minutes later), I peeled it off and immediately felt a difference in the texture of my skin! My skin definitely looked brighter, and it felt so incredibly soft and clean, I love it!


After witnessing the amazing results of the Vely Vely Black Sesame Clarifying Mask, I decided to use the Vely Vely Sweet Rice Cake Peel Off Mask a week later.


This mask is pretty similar to the Black Sesame Clarifying Mask in a sense that it also aids in removing dirt, and dead skin. This mask though, is formulated with 'white' ingredients such as rice, oat flour, and oatmeal extract, which is what contributes to its white colour. It also contains a mixture of red fruits extract that is rich in vitamin C which will help revitalize, clear, and brighten up the skin. Other than that, this mask also aids in tightening enlarged pores, keeping your face line firm, and improving your skins' elasticity.



Similar to the Black Sesame Clarifying Mask, you only need a thin layer of this mask for it to work wonders and I'm really thankful for that because the consistency of this mask is really quite sticky. Unlike the Black Sesame mask, this one did not have a strong "food" scent, probably because it smells like uncooked rice. After 30 minutes, it's time to peel the mask off and the end results is pretty similar to the other mask, my skin looks noticeably smoother and brighter.



So far, I've been really enjoying these two masks as they are really convenient, and easy to use. I love the fact that you can see (and feel!) instant results that lasts because... That's the best part isn't it? You can also choose to use these masks together by applying them on different areas of your face, for example, I will use the Black Sesame Clarifying Mask on oily areas like my nose and T-zone, since it contains centella asiatica extract that will help to minimize and remove sebum, and then apply the Sweet Rice Cake Peel Off Mask on the rest of my face to counter aging and skin-sagging.



These two masks are retailing at S$37.90 each on Velyvely.com.sg, but you can get them in a special bundle now for only S$70.80 (U.P. S$75.80 for two) so head on over to their online shop now to shop!

Labels: , , , ,