E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: ContactsDaily - Contact lenses provider
Thursday 1 February 2018 at February 01, 2018
Fun fact about myself, I've been wearing contact lenses ever since I was 15 years old.

I'm 25 now, which means I've been wearing them for 10 years! Holy... Before I got into wearing contact lenses, of course, I started out with a pair of glasses when I was only 12 years old. I didn't like wearing glasses because I grew up as a vain girl, so when my friend introduced contact lenses to me, I was immediately sold. My first pair of contact lens were from FreshKon and they were the clear, monthly ones. When I was around 18 years old, I swapped out my clear contact lenses for coloured ones and since then, I've never worn another pair of clear contact lens.


Contact lenses has now become a necessity in my life because I'm so used to wearing them. I literally don't feel like myself without them and even when I travel, I make sure to bring extra pairs just in case I rip one apart or lose one side of my contacts.


A lot of people think that wearing contact lenses is troublesome because you need to wash them before you put them on, remove them, wash them, and store them. But once you get the hang of it, it's pretty much just like brushing your teeth or removing your makeup at the end of the day. It is an additional step to your morning/evening routine, but it's most likely that you won't find it a hassle because it has become a part of the routine.

Wearing contact lenses is definitely a lot more convenient for me because I hate the feeling of having something sitting on my face. When I watch Youtube videos or dramas on my phone in bed, I can lie down on my sides and my glasses will not be pressed against my pillow. When I exercise, I don't have to worry about my glasses falling off my face, and one thing I absolutely dislike about wearing  glasses is how the lenses always fogs up when I'm drinking a hot drink, or when I exit a cold place like a cold bus or a shopping mall. It's just so embarrassing when that happens!


Needless to say, they are definitely more costly than spectacles because you have to dispose them either monthly, or daily. Therefore, I'm always on the hunt for the best deals. Lucky for me, not too long ago, ContactsDaily contacted me and asked if I would like to work with them. I did some research and found out that ContactsDaily is an online website that supplies a wide range of different types of contact lens such as daily disposable contact lens, monthly disposable contacts lens, astigmatism lens or coloured lens, and they are all from reputable brands such as Acuvue, FreshKon, Bausch & Lomb, Freshlook, and many more familiar brands! After checking out their prices, I find them cheaper than some of the optical stores I've been to, and most of the prices are comparable to the shops I've been getting my lenses from. In addition, you can also receive up to 15% off if you purchase more boxes at a time! (Spoiler: Read till the end for a discount code!)


To be honest, ContactsDaily is not the first contact lens provider to contact me for a blog post collaboration. I was approached by another company few months back and I rejected working with them because I did not recognize the brands of contact lens they were offering. As I'm now older, I'm starting to learn the importance of taking good care of my eyes and that includes wearing contact lenses from a trust-worthy brand.

(Keep a lookout for ongoing sales too!)

During the past 10 years, buying contact lenses has always been a hassle for me because for some reasons, the optical stores with the best deals are always located in a different area from where I'm living. Not to mention, because I am wearing prescribed coloured contact lenses, most of the time opitcal stores do not keep stocks and therefore I'll always need to make at least 2 trips to get my lenses. There are also times where I've forgotten to stock up my contact lenses, so I end up wearing them for slightly longer than a month! Since ContactsDaily is an online shop, it saves me the hassle of travelling to a physical store to order and collect my contact lenses. I can even order my lenses anytime I want, which makes it extremely convenient for a lazy girl like me. ContactsDaily also ships out your contacts within 1 to 3 days which is pretty much the same amount of time I need to wait if I were to order them from a physical shop.


Unsure of your prescription? Unsure of which type of lenses are the most suitable for you? No worries! As ContactsDaily also provides free eye-checks done by their team of qualified optometrists so you can shop for the right pair of lens.



For this blog post, ContactsDaily has sent me 4 boxes of the 1-Day Acuvue Define 30 Pack in Radiant Charm, Radiant Sweet, Radiant Bright, and Natural Shine. Since I received these lenses a day before I jetted off to Taiwan for my holiday, I decided to bring Radiant Sweet and Natural Shine along with me to test them out during my trip. Being the paranoid person I am, I also brought along my usual monthly lens, just in case I didn't like how the daily ones looked and/or felt. That was the first time I tried out daily lenses, and after trying out daily contact lenses for approximately 2 weeks, I am now seriously considering of switching from monthly lenses to daily ones!



Here are the reasons why I have enjoyed using these contact lenses, and why I prefer them over my monthly contact lenses:


1. Convenience - A typical day in Taiwan for me was waking up at 7-ish in the morning, and only returning to the hotel at past 10 in the evening. By then, my energy level would be close to 0%. Therefore, I love how I can just remove my contact lenses while I'm showering! No more washing of contact lens cases, washing the lenses, and restoring them into the cases! Woohoo! They also came in strips which took up almost 0 space in my toiletries bag!

2. Comfort - I wore my monthly lenses on Day 2, and I noticed that my eyes felt significantly dryer. I suppose it was more noticeable as the air in Taiwan was colder and dryer. This was confirmed during the evening when my lens literally got stuck to my eyeball! Oh boy did I panic. I spent so long trying to get it out and it finally came out after I "lubricated" my eye and fingers with contact lens solution. After this incident, I wore the daily lenses for the rest of my trip and I didn't had any issues removing them at the end of the day.


3. Design - I'm not very particular about the colour or design of the lenses I wear, as long as it's a medium or dark brown, which are shades similar to my natural eye colour. The designs given to me (Click to view close up: Radiant Charm, Radiant Sweet, Radiant Bright, and Natural Shine) are not only very natural looking, but they also help make my eyes bigger and brighter which is definitely a plus!


All in all, I love the idea of being able to have new fresh lenses everyday as it decreases the chances of getting contact lenses related eye infections. And don't you just hate it when you lose one side of your contacts, or for some reasons it just irritates the hell out of your eyes, in the middle of the month and you'll need to throw them away before they expire? What a waste of money! Even though on the surface, daily contact lenses are pricier than monthly contact lenses, you'll definitely save money on the contact lens solution.

So if you're planning to try out contact lenses for the upcoming Chinese New Year, or simply restock your contact lenses, head on over to ContactsDaily now to place your order as you can now get an additional $20 off all your purchases using my discount code "maureen20" upon checking out!

Labels: ,