E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: SOME BY MI Makeup (Cushion + Eyeshadow + Lipstick)
Saturday 11 August 2018 at August 11, 2018
Weeks back, I received some skincare and makeup products from SOME BY MI which is a relatively popular non-mainstream Korean beauty brand. I have since uploaded my review of their skincare products, so today, I will be reviewing their makeup products and on top of that, I will also show you how I create a simple Korean inspired look that is easy to follow, even for beginners!



Before we dive into the individual products, we have to take a moment to appreciate the sweet  packaging of their makeup line. When I received these products, I posted them on my Instagram story and I got so many DMs telling me how adorable and pretty they look, and all I can say is, I know right?! The medium bubblegum pink goes so well with the gold accents so unless you have a strong dislike for the colour pink, I think it's almost impossible to not love the packaging of these products.


Now starting with the very first makeup product, we have the Fruit Juice Set. Retailing at only 39,800 won (about S$45), this set comprises of 1 x Cushion Foundation, 2 x Single Eyeshadows and 1 x Lipstick. SOME BY MI offers a couple of cushion foundations, but the one included in this set is their Something Maxi Glam Cover Cushion.



As usual, having medium skintone, I went ahead and got the darkest shade which is C23. This cushion comes with SPF 50+ and has a medium coverage that is sufficient to even out any skin discoloration, light spots and acne scars. If you have darker scars, I believe you will be able to build up the coverage by adding a second layer, but I personally prefer spot-concealing with a concealer.


This foundation has a semi-matte finish and it also has hints of pink undertones which I love as it was able to effectively tone up my skin.



Moving on to the single eyeshadows included in the set, we have a pearl shimmer shade as well as a medium brown shimmer which are two must-have shades in your eyeshadow collection! I especially love the pearl shimmer shade as it has a pink undertone, making it very feminine and soft. It's also not a glitter shade so you can also use it as a highlight if you'd like.



Continuing with eyeshadows, I have the Some Pick eyeshadow palette which comprises of 4 gorgeous and essential shades. The first shade is a champagne shimmer which can be used as our inner eye, brow bone, and aegyo-sal highlight. The second shade is my favourite and current go-to eyeshadow and that is a rose gold shimmer. The third shade is probably my second favourite and it is this cool, matte brown shade which is perfect for shading and contour purposes. Finally, the last shade is a dark brown shimmer which can be used to line and define our eyes. I love how compact this eyeshadow palette is, as I was able to fit this into my makeup pouch without any difficulties.



I am overall pleasantly surprised and impressed with the quality of their eyeshadows because despite being so affordable, their eyeshadows are so incredible soft, easy to blend, pigmented and buttery!



The last product is the Something Moisture Lip Rouge lipstick in Grapefruit and I am obsessed with this! I've been loving orange lipsticks, and you guys know I love my pinks and corals, so this pinky-orangey lipstick is literally the perfect shade for me at the moment!


It has a moisturizing and buttery texture which I love as it makes my lips look so plump and supple. As it has moisturizing properties, the pigmentation is not as intense as a matte liquid lipstick, so I love that it creates a very natural and soft look which is suitable for everyday use.


As mentioned, I have used these products to create a simple Korean inspired makeup look and I even spoke in Korean for my voiceover! I am obsessed with this look, I've been wearing it over the past 3 weeks and I think that says a lot! The only difference is that sometimes I add in an eyeliner but other than that, this has been the look I've been wearing. If you're keen to try this makeup look, please check out SOME BY MI's makeup products as I believe you will love them!

Labels: , , , , , ,