E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Troipeel H+ Healing Cushion
Saturday 18 June 2016 at June 18, 2016


For the past months, I've been loving air cushion foundations over my liquid foundations. I love how compact, easy and convenient it is to apply them. I don't put on a full face of make-up everyday, but I use my air cushion foundations on a daily basis because it gives my skin an instant brightening effect, covering all the uneven spots and dullness so I don't look like a zombie in the morning. Therefore, I'm always on a hunt for good air cushion foundations. Since I've started using air cushions so frequently, my collection has grown so much. As I've mentioned in my April 2016 favourites, my then favourite air cushions were the April Skin Magic Snow Cushion and the MISSHA x Line Friends Magic Cushion. But in May, MK Universal decided to send me their Troipeel H+ Cushion to try out and it is now easily my favourite air cushion.

Apart from their H+ Cushion, I also received the Troiareuke GPS Mask and I reviewed both products on my channel (watch the review here!). I wasn't instructed to do this blog post but because of how much I am loving it, I thought I'd share it with you here as well! 



Comparing the H+ Cushion with my previous 2 favourite ones, here are the similarities:


Most air cushions I've tried have a light to medium coverage which is what I love. I don't have a lot of spots to begin with so coverage is not a huge deal for me. If the coverage for my huge spot is insufficient, I'll simply go over with a concealer. A lighter coverage foundation allows my face to breathe and not feel so cakey throughout the day. And I feel like heavier foundations tend to weigh me down and clog my pores. In my opinion, lighter coverage foundations also looks more natural as it is blended in together with your natural skin. I wouldn't say these cushions have a light coverage though because while applying my foundation, I always only put on 1 layer and it is always sufficient for me. So if add on another layer or so, I'm pretty sure you will be able to achieve at least medium coverage.

All 3 air cushions gives a seamless and natural looking finish which I love. They brighten up my complexion and are basically non-cakey and non-patchy.

I believe the forumla of these cushions are not extremely thick, hence they look so natural and are so easy to blend. I do have air cushions that provides a slightly better coverage, yet are a mess to blend. I am not a morning person, so I like to sleep more and have lesser time to do my make-up. Therefore, a foundation that blends easily is definitely a must!

I have dull skin, so I always find a way to brighten it up. An easy and quicker way to do so is to use a foundation with brightening effects. I love these air cushions because they instantly brighten up my face, making me look brighter, fresher and more awake. 




So what makes H+ Cushion different from the rest?

This honestly blew my mind. Why aren't we having more foundations like this?! I was really pleased when I found out that H+ Cushion actually has healing properties. Finally, a foundation I can wear all-day and not be bothered about it clogging my pores and doing harm to my skin! H+ Cushion has 3 main healing functions and they are: Whitening, Anti-Aging, and UV Protection. So it's basically like a skincare product, but with actual coverage.


 The H+ Cushion also provides your face with a moisture shield that protects your skin from external factors such as dust, UV rays, smoke, etc. These external factors can cause your skin to lose moisture, age, and develop spots. Having a shield can keep your skin in a good environment to heal whilst you're out and about!

Comparing this with the rest of my air-cushion foundations, I feel like this has a more dewy finish. Personally I love it, it doesn't look too dewy to the extent that you will look oily. But it makes my skin looks moisturized, fresh and healthy.

Unlike the rest of my air cushions foundation, the H+ Cushion only comes in 1 shade. I am using shade C23 for all my air cushions, and usually that is the darkest shade available. As I have medium skintone, I was originally quite worried that it will be too light for me. However, I was surprised because the shade was not to light at all. Upon applying, it wasn't a perfect match to my skin tone, but after blending it out and letting it sit on my face, I realised that it looked a lot more natural and evened out with my skin tone. I was told that similar to a BB cream, this air cushion will be able to adjust to your skin tone within 5 to 10 minutes after application, so I guess it worked! Do bear in mind that I'm a C23 though and I haven't tested it out on any other darker skin tones so I'm not sure if it will be able to adjust accordingly.



H+ cushion is also using a special type of cushion that prevents all the foundation to soak through at once. This is supposed to reduce oxidisation from occurring to your foundation.





With that being said, ever since I received H+ Cushion, it has been the only one I'm using. I noticed my skin has stopped developing new spots and previous spots are also starting to heal. I wouldn't give 100% of the credits to this cushion because I am using other new skincare products, but I'm sure this has also helped in the process of improving my skin and I'm so excited to see if it will continue doing wonders to my skin! 

H+ Healing Cushion is currently retailing at USD38. To purchase, drop Troiareuke a message on their Facebook page mentioning me and telling them you're interested and they will assist you in purchasing the foundation!:

  https://www.facebook.com/Troiareuke-Skin-Solution-1311487185545488/

Labels: , , ,