E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Carli Bybel x BH Cosmetics Palette (+ swatches!)
Thursday 11 August 2016 at August 11, 2016

By now, I'm sure it's no surprise that eyeshadow palettes are one of my greatest weakness. Personally, I have subscribed to Carli Bybel on Youtube before she released this palette. When I saw her releasing this palette and using it, I literally fell in love with it. Unfortunately, there is no proper retailer in Singapore that sells BH Cosmetics (Smoochiezz brings in BH Cosmetics but not every single item they offer) so I gave up on purchasing that palette.




However, weeks ago I decided to ship in a couple of beauty products from the US (watch my US beauty haul here!) and whilst browsing Ulta, I spotted this palette and I just had to get it especially when it only costs S$25 (including all charges incurred via Shopandbox.com, yes, shopping in Singapore is never the cheapest)!


This palette consists of 12 eyeshadows and 4 highlighters, that's S$2 per shade! I love how you get eyeshadows and highlights in one palette as it makes it even more value for money. Despite being so affordable, the quality of the palette is too good for its price.

The packaging is simple but sturdy. I love how it's not made up of some flimsy plastic that screeches when the hinges collides (got a lot of that experience in cheap palettes), instead, it is made up of this hard cardboard type material. Like I said, it is simple, but it feels sturdy enough to bring out. Plus, cardboard will not break if you drop it on the ground.


The shades are mostly shimmery, in brown and gold hues which I thought was perfect for all year round, perfect for all skin tones too. There are light and dark shades so you can definitely create a smokey look, a simple look, a clean look, endless looks with this palette! Oh, there are also a couple of reds which increases the variation of looks you can create. The pigmentation and quality of the product itself is amazing. I don't remember all BH Cosmetics being such good quality but this palette here is top-notch.

Look at the swatches for yourself!

 (top five shades) 

(top five shades - with flash)

(middle row shades)

(middle row shades - with flash)

(4 highlighters) 

(4 highlighters - with flash)

Overall, this palette is amazing! I definitely recommend it if you are going to ship in products from the US or if you're heading there yourself (this palette only costs S$15 without shipping charges!)!

Labels: , , ,