E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: The Morning After Exclusive Box Review
Thursday 22 December 2016 at December 22, 2016
Have you heard of "Rooibos"? Well, before I received the Morning After Exclusive Box from Blackbox.sg, me neither. So I googled it. And the results instantly made me more interested to find out more about this plant that seem to provide a good amount of benefits to my health.


Once again, today I have partnered up with Blackbox to bring you another review of one of their exclusive boxes - The Morning After Exclusive Box. Recently, I have already done up 3 reviews for them, focusing on Hair care, Body/Skin care, and Foot care. So now that our body is looking great from the outside, it's time to show some love to the insides of our body!


The Morning After Exclusive Box contains 3 products that contains Rooibos, which (if you haven't googled about it yet) is basically a type of plant, originated from South Africa, that is commonly used to make teas. So the very first product included in the box is, a pack of 40 Rooibos tea bags!


Due to my anxiety and stomach issues, I refrain from drinking too much coffee and tea as too much caffeine in my body can cause me to feel really anxious and jumpy. However, I was pleasantly pleased to find out that the Rooibos plant grows naturally without any caffeine, meaning to say that it is 100% caffeine-free! In fact, many people enjoy drinking the Roobois tea at night before going to bed as it is supposed to help them feel more calm and relaxed.


The tea itself provides quite a large number of health benefits, mainly because it contains a wide array of antioxidants. Research in South Africa and America has shown a link between Rooibos and the reduction of cancer. Due to its high antioxidants content, it is able to protect our healthy cells and prevent them from developing into cancer. Next, it also improves our blood circulation which leads to a prevention of heart diseases, lowered blood pressure, as well as cholesterol. As a beauty blogger, I have to mention the next benefit of this tea and that is, it can actually improve the condition of our skin! The Rooibos tea is also rich in alpha hydroxy acid and zinc, which are two nutrients great for tackling common skin problems such as acne, aging, uneven skin tone, dullness and more! Apart from just taking in the nutrients by drinking the tea itself, you can also apply a freshly brewed and cooled tea bag onto the troubled spots to soothe and heal any inflammation.



The next item in the box is Rooibos Soap and I was honestly so excited to try this out! By now, we already know some of the benefits of Rooibos, (seriously, there are SO many! I probably only mentioned 1/4 of the benefits...) including the benefits to our skin. So if you wish to clear up your skin, but you're too lazy to brew a cup of tea, here's an alternative. The Rooibos soap is suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and you can use it on both your face and body! Since this soap contains Rooibos extract, it is said to be able to help relieve acne, sunburns and prevent your skin from aging. Amazing! Recently, I have been breaking out a lot as I have been feeling really stressed about my current workload. Apart from which, I do have back acne that I wish to eliminate.




The last item is the Rooibos Facial Brush which I absolute love using together with the Rooibos Soap. This brush is suitable for sensitive skin as it contains antibacterial ultra-fine fiber which is suitable for deep cleansing our skin, without being too rough and damaging. Using a facial brush along with your cleanser helps to cleanse your skin even more, hence reducing blackheads, clogged pores and acne. It also gently exfoliates dead skin so whatever skincare products you use after, will get absorbed in more effectively. Usually, I don't wash my face with a facial brush as the brushes I have used so far tend to be really prickly on my skin and uncomfortable. This one however feels really soft and smooth, it almost doesn't feel like it is actually exfoliating my skin! It also comes in a good size and shape which makes it easy to hold and maneuver around my face.

Labels: , , , , ,