E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid
Sunday 19 February 2017 at February 19, 2017
One of the biggest lipstick trends in 2016 is of course, matte liquid lipsticks. Even though towards the end of 2016, metallic liquid lips were introduced, many of us are still geared towards the matte liquid lippies as they are much easier to pull off and timeless looking for any occasions.


The matte liquid lipstick party is huge, but that's not gonna stop The Body Shop from joining in the hype as they recently introduced their very own matte lip collection, Matte Lip Liquid. Personally, I'm totally in for the matte lip look, so it was a complete honor to receive a set of The Body Shop's Matte Lip Liquid to try out! (Thank you The Body Shop!)


In Singapore, you will be able to find 6 different shades of the matte lip liquid. On first glance, the packaging looks really simple, nothing too fancy or over the top. But I soon find out that the tube is actually non-transparent so you can't actually tell how much product you're left with from the outside. Apart from that, everything else is pretty standard for a liquid lip product.



Now even though I love the matte lip look, it really annoys me that some matte lip products can get so dry and uncomfortable even when applying them, they basically drag across my lips. For the Matte Lip Liquid, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the texture of the product is actually so smooth, soft and lightweight, it pretty much felt like I was applying whipped cream on my lips! However, despite having such a creamy texture, I noticed that after having it on for awhile, it does sort of enhances any cracks on my lips. So before using, make sure to give your lips a really good scrub and pop on some lip balm to prevent any crack lines forming on your lips.



All the shades available are really rich and loud, super pigmented and definitely buildable depending on the amount of product you use. For most occasions, I prefer a softer lip compared to a bold one, so I simply dot the product equally on my lips, then blend it out using my fingers. That way, the colour appears softer, and less loud. For animal loves, rejoice! As these matte lippies are cruelty-free, and also vegan!



One thing I take note about any lip product is its ability to last a long time on my lips. For the Matte Lip Liquid, I noticed that it stays well throughout the day if I don't have a full-sized meal (i.e. snacks and light meals still keeps the lipstick on). But similar to most lip products out there, once you have a decent meal, the lipstick will fall out and reapplication will be needed. 

On to the shades, I have swatched all 6 shades so I'm just gonna briefly describe them (because describing colours... is actually a tough job).



First up we've got Taipei Orchid 020 which is a light soft pink. Paris Peony 022 is probably the closest shade to my MLBB - a bright hot pink. Tokyo Lotus 024 is a slightly dull pink with purple tones. Call Gerbera 010 is one of my favourites out of the bunch and it is a coral shade. Sydney Amaryllis 014 is a bright red and lastly, Tahiti Hibiscus 016 is a dark wine shade. 

Despite having only 6 shades available, all shades are really gorgeous and easy to pull off. They are available at all The Body Shop stores so make sure you head down to a store to check them out for yourselves! 

Labels: , ,