E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Hair Plus Korean Hair Salon (Far East Plaza)
Wednesday 15 March 2017 at March 15, 2017
Regardless of being on or off cameras, Korean celebrities and idols are known for their flawless looking appearance,... it's almost as if they've never experienced a single bad hair day before. Despite having their hair drastically styled  and coloured multiple times, their hair still looks extremely well-kept and healthy all the time! Their secret? Going to a Korean hair salon!


If you're heading to South Korea, you may be surprise to find out that many travel websites lists having your hair done at a Korean Hair salon as one of the must-do things in South Korea. But if travelling to Korea for your hair is a little bit too extensive for you, fret not. With the rising popularity of Korean hair salons, we are now able to find a handful of them in our sunny little island!



With that said, I am extremely thankful and honored to be able to work with one of the Korean hair salons in Singapore, Hair Plus Korean Hair Salon! Hair Plus Korean Hair Salon opened their first outlet back in 2005 at Far East Plaza and after 12 years of experience with their first outlet, they have expanded their business with a second outlet at Suntec City. Both outlets are easily accessible and convenient since they are located strategically at town area.



Prior to meeting Hair Plus, I have never done my hair in a Korean salon. However, I have visited a few to inquire about their services, and I was disappointed to find out that despite naming themselves a Korean hair salon, their hairstylists actually includes a mixture of Koreans and non-Koreans. Some salons even charge a surcharge if you wish to appoint a Korean hairstylist for your hair. As for Hair Plus, there's no need to worry as all their hairstylists at both outlets are Koreans! Most of their stylists are from Seoul and they hold more than 10 years of experience in hair styling! To find out more about their hairstylists, you can easily view their profiles on their website here.


On the day of my appointment, I arrived really early, so I requested to view some hairstyles to choose from and I was given a mini iPad to browse through the gallery which mainly consists of images of popular Korean celebrities such as Girls' Generation, Miss A, SISTAR, Lee Sung Kyung, Song Hye Kyo, Jung Ji Hyun and more! Got a favourite Korean celebrity? Well, you can now get your hair cut and styled to look like theirs!

So for my first appointment with them, I was scheduled to do a Korean perm at the Far East Plaza outlet. However, when I arrived at the salon, my hairstylist, Jane, told me that it was not possible to do a perm for me as my hair ends were bleached before and bleached hair will not be able to hold the curls well (i.e. it will not be able to last long). I was given a couple of options including cutting away the bleached portions, or colouring my hair. Being someone who loves changing up the colour of my hair, I opted to give my hair a brand new shade.


Here's a before shot of my hair, as you can see it was unevenly coloured as my roots has grown out and my ends were lighter as it was previously bleached. The overall condition of my hair was damaged and dry!

 (Bleached and damaged ends!)

Jane was extremely professional as she examined the condition of my hair and scalp before recommending the type services that would suit my hair condition. I also like how she incorporated my wants into her recommendations! The colour of my hair was red and when I pointed out that I wish to change it back to a brown, she recommended me to go for a cool ash brown to cancel out the reds in my hair. She also recommended me to go for their "Korean Hair Treatment" due to my badly damaged hair and sensitive scalp.


Before Jane began working on my hair, I was given a robe to wear and this is something that is very common in hair salons in Seoul! After we're all set, Jane started off by applying a scalp protector all over my scalp, this is a complimentary service they provide for any customers with sensitive scalp.

(Waiting for the Scalp Protector to do its work!)

The colouring process took really fast as Jane worked hand in hand efficiently together with her assistant. In no time, my hair was covered in dye and I got to enjoy a complimentary Korean Green Tea from Hair Plus too!



After 30 minutes, it's time to rinse the dye off and I just got to mention that that hair wash I received from their assistant hairstylist, was probably the best hair wash I've gotten in my life. I believe the shampoo used during the wash is called the Repair Force Shampoo, a moisturizing shampoo that contains 6 different oil complexes to provide softness to your hair, which is a part of the Korean Treatment.


Now that the colouring and washing is completed, it's time to move on to the treatment! The treatment I received is called their "Korean Treatment" which comprises of a whopping 4 steps! Step 1 consist of 2 parts, the first being the shampoo used during the hair wash, and the second part is the Repair Force Fix-Up Booster, which is a pre-treatment ampoule used to improve the hair environment, preparing it for a long-lasting treatment effect. This ampoule is basically sprayed and distributed equally all over my hair.

After my hair is prepped, we moved on to step 2 which is the Repair Force Chito Treatment, an intensive nourishing treatment that creates immediate softness to your hair. After this treatment was applied, they popped my hair into a steamer to steam for about 10 minutes.


At step 3, we've got the Repair Force Nutri Enhancer to replace any lost nutrients in damaged hair as well as protect it from further damage. After the enhancer was applied, they covered my hair in a warmer for about 15 minutes.


Finally, at step 4, is the Repair Force Protective Sealer which coats the hair with nutrients and to seal it for the longest lasting treatment effect. After the product was applied, my hair went back into the steamer for it to absorb all the nutrients!


All the products were lightly scented and the entire treatment process was really comfortable as they even provide cushions to hug on! Being a K-pop fan myself, I love that the salon only plays K-pop songs so I can sing along in my head and not feel bored (heh).

After the treatment, it's time for a trim! As I've earlier expressed my wish to keep the length of my hair, Jane knew to only give it a light trim to get rid of those nasty dead ends. She also trimmed the sides of my fringe so it would shape my face better! Lastly, she noticed that my hair was unevenly thinned out (okay, I admit, I've thinned out my hair myself.......) so she helped fixed it and it made ALL THE DIFFERENCE! I usually hate getting my hair cut at salons because I feel like the hairstylists are always not up to trend and they just don't get what I want. But Jane made my hair look 100% Korean-styled which was amazing and I love it!

To complete my new look, Jane knew that I wanted some curls due to the earlier discussions and she helped me curled my hair! Usually, I'd go for really defined curls, but Jane did a more natural Korean-styled curl for me and oh my god, I really love it and I honestly felt like I looked like a K-pop idol.

(LOOK AT THAT SHINE!) 

(much healthier looking ends!)


At the end of the day, my hair was lightly curled, bouncy, healthy and energetic. Just like my favourite K-pop idols! The next day, I just couldn't stop fiddling with my hair because it was SO soft. I could do hair flips and not get my hair tangled and it will just fall back in place nicely, it was perfect!

Overall, I had a really great time at Hair Plus Korean Hair Salon. One thing I admire is how friendly and nice the staff are to all their customers. Since I was there for about close to 4 hours, I noticed how they communicated and bonded with their customers to provide good quality and customized service. Since I had to film there by myself, they made me feel very comfortable and also assisted me in any ways that they could.


 (With my lovely hairstylist, Jane!)



After a week, my hair still has a nice shine and it is definitely much more manageable and less frizzy than before. There are still some red tones in my hair which Jane has told me about as red is a really strong colour so it will take a couple of dye sessions to completely change my hair back to a brown. I can't wait to see my hair slowly shed the red tones with the help of Hair Plus Korean Hair Salon and I will surely update you guys along the journey!

So for anyone who is looking to do your hair at a Korean Hair Salon, I highly recommend to give Hair Plus Korean Hair Salon a go. If you're interested in getting your hair treated, Hair Plus Korean Hair Salon is currently having a 20% off promotion for the "Korean Treatment" I did! So feel free to head on over to their website (here) to find out more about the different types of services they provide and make sure to call 6235 2234 (Far East Plaza)/6235 5883 (Suntec City) to book an appointment!

Labels: , , , , , ,