E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation & Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer
Thursday 21 September 2017 at September 21, 2017
Despite numerous efforts to convince myself that I don't need Fenty Beauty... I caved in when I saw the actual products in Sephora.



I ended up getting two products that I was eyeing on from the very beginning, and they are the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation and Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer.



The Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is retailing at S$50 which I thought is a very decent price for a foundation. It comes in a simple, sleek and classy-looking, glass bottle that is slightly frosted, with a plain white plastic pump. Even though the bottle looks slim, it contains 32ml of product which is pretty average.



With the help of a staff from Sephora, I picked up the foundation in 250 which is a Medium Warm Peach shade.



The foundation is quite runny, but I notice that it dries rather quickly. On my first attempt, I dotted the foundation all over my face and neck before blending it out with my beauty blender and by the time I got to the second half of my face, the foundation was already getting tacky and difficult to blend out. During my next attempts, I dotted the foundation and blended it as I go and it definitely worked better.


Shade 250 turns out to be more yellowish and warmed tone than I had expect, in fact, it's actually quite orange too. Despite it being a warm "peach" shade, I find no hints of peach in this colour. (*Update: I went back and exchange it for a shade 210 which suits my skin tone a lot better!) I'd say that the coverage of this foundation is medium to high as I found it unnecessary to use a concealer with this foundation. If you are more of a healthy glow, dewy finish kind of person, this foundation is not for you as the finish is incredibly matte and velvety. For casual days, I love using only a very light layer of this foundation around the center of my face because it just looks very natural and almost like a second layer of skin.

I find that even with a slightly thicker layer, this foundation feels lightweight and non-cakey. I always apply my foundation without a primer and with a setting powder, and with that, I noticed that this foundation stays in place throughout the day whilst still keeping my face matte.


So is this foundation worth the hype? Yes! I am absolutely impressed with this foundation and I find it to be very similar to my favourite high end foundation, the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay All Day Makeup. It is extremely long-wearing because it literally just sticks onto your skin which is great for night outs and long days. Since I have oily skin, I also love the fact that it has a matte and velvety flawless finish that lasts the entire day. I personally love using this foundation with a foundation brush, rather than a beauty blender.


On to the Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer, this is one of the products I really wanted to get my hands on. I feel like matte lipsticks will never go out of trend, but the release of this gloss reminded me of the days where I was obsessed with lip gloss! This lip gloss is retailing at S$31 which is very affordable in my opinion. I was looking for a dupe of this lip gloss in Sephora, but all the other lip glosses out there costs over S$40 and so I figured out that I might as well just get this one!



This lip gloss comes in a gorgeous, chunky looking hexagon tube with a reflective cap. The packaging is very simple, but unique in its own ways. The gloss itself is super thick and goey, so I find the larger than average sized doe foot applicator very handy. The shade of the lip gloss is a brown reddish shade with a hint of glitter specks, a very versatile shade which will look lovely on every single skin tone.



So far, I've tried this lip gloss out on a dark lip, a natural pink lip, and on its own, and I must say that I do love how this lip gloss plumps up my thin lips, and because the shade of this lip gloss is so natural and light, it doesn't really alter the original shade of my lip colour. It also has a very sweet candy fragrance which might not be everyone's cup of tea.


So is this lip gloss worth the hype? Not for me... My favourite thing about this lip gloss is probably the shade as it is very natural looking and classy at the same time which is great for both casual and formal days. But while I am in love with it at the moment, it also also way too thick and goey for my liking. I am also not a huge fan of the ultra sweet candy fragrance.


Overall, the quality of the products from Fenty Beauty is definitely great in terms of the actual product and the packaging. Whilst in stores, I also swatched a couple of the duo highlighters and the pigmentation is insane. I think in general, the prices of the products are very reasonable too considering the high quality products. If you are on a budget but you really wish to try out at least one product from Fenty Beauty, I highly recommend you to go for the foundation!

Labels: , , ,