E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Introduction to Bath Oils (Aromatherapy Associates, Jo Malone)
Monday 9 April 2018 at April 09, 2018
Unlike other countries, taking baths is very uncommon here in Singapore. Most Singaporeans find bathtubs a waste of space, a waste of money, and a waste of water. I've had the bathtub in my house for more than 10 years, but it was only until recently that I've learnt how to appreciate taking a bath.


To me, the most important thing to do when it comes to taking a bath, is to use the right products. Soaking in plain warm water is not relaxing, and not fun, at all. But soaking in good smelling, soft water that is good for your skin, is. I have a total of 3 products that I absolutely love to include in my bath. One, bath bombs. Bath bombs are amazing for softening the water, and adding a lovely colour to your bath. Two, bubble bars. Bubble bars and bubbleroons are best for creating bubbles and trust me when I say that you will never be able to achieve the same amount of bubbles using your regular body wash. Most bath bombs and bubble bars also contain ingredients and essential oils that will benefit your skin, body, and mind. The third product is what this blog post is going to all about because it's probably one that majority are not familiar with, and that is, a bath oil.


After I became obsessed with taking baths, I decided to expand my comfort zone by trying out new bath-related products, and that was when I stumbled upon bath oils on Cosme-de.com.

(L-R: Deep Relax, Lavender & Peppermind, De-stress Mind)

The first bath oil I fell in love with is the Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax bath and shower oil. There are a total of 3 main ingredient in this bath oil. Vertivert, a grass often cultivated for its essential oil, known to have a grounding, soothing, calming and relaxing fragrance. Vertivert oil is also often use as a massage oil to warm and ease tense aching muscles. English Chamomile oil, known for it's comforting scent that will help relax your mind and calm your emotions. And last but not least, Sandalwood oil, that can help protect and soothe not only your body, but also your skin.

I love this bath oil, as you can see, I've already used up more than half of it. Like the name suggests, this bath oil helps me to relax myself whenever I'm feeling worn out, physically, or mentally as I find that the scent is very comforting and intense.


After I noticed I'm running out of my favourite bath oil, I thought I'd order a few more Aromatherapy Associates bath oil to stock up, and at the same time, try out a different scented one. Browsing through Cosme-de.com, I found 2 other bath oils.

The first one is the Aromatherapy Associates Support Lavender & Peppermint bath and shower oil. If you are a frequent reader of this blog, you might already know that Lavender is one of my favourite scents when it comes to relaxing. Therefore, I chose this as obviously one of its main ingredient is Lavender. Lavender is widely used in aromatherapy because of its ability to help reduce emotional stress and anxiety. It also improves sleep quality, which is great for people who suffers from occasional insomnia like myself. Lavender is so commonly used to help one relax that some people even carry a small pouch of lavender in their bag! The second main ingredient in this bath oil is Eucalyptus, another commonly used essential oil in aromatherapy. Eucalyptus has natural antiviral and decongesting benefits, and it is also able to aid in breathing, and even lymph circulation!


The next bath oil is the Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Mind bath and shower oil. Juggling a full-time job, a Youtube channel, and a blog, on top of my social life and exercise routine, can be very stressful at times, especially when due dates clashes. Therefore, stress is something I deal with very often, and it is something that I honestly hate. Stress can lead to several other health problems and even break outs, which is why I keep in mind to go through my de-stress routine every now and then, even when I'm not feeling the most stressed out. I believe maintaining low stress levels is better than trying to tackle it when it has reached its peak. Therefore, when I saw that a de-stress bath oil was available, I immediately knew that I had to get it.


This bath oil smells fairly similar to my Deep relax bath oil, probably because they both contain Chamomile. It also contains 2 other main ingredients. Frankincense, an aromatic resin that helps to counter anxiety and trauma by encourage deep breathing. And Petitgrain, an essential oil obtained from the leaves and tree bark of citrus plants that is also effective for combating anxiety and relaxing the body.


The last bath oil is from Jo Malone, as I thought I'd give another brand a go too. I have been enjoying the candle I got from Jo Malone, so since then, it has left me with a good impression of the brand. Out of all the fragrance available, I decided to go with the Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay bath oil because one of my favourite Youtubers, Zoella, mentioned that this is her favourite scent from Jo Malone.


This bath oil has a fresher, and cleaner fragrance as it contains the fruity accents of blackberry juice. I find that this scent is also rather musky and woody, due to the addition of bay. With that, this is definitely not something I will use if I am looking for a relaxing, please-put-me-to-sleep bath time, but I'll most probably use it on days where I want to smell amazing for the day. This bath oil is also enriched with a mix of sweet almond, avocado, and jojoba oil which are oils best known for conditioning and hydrating the skin and hair, so be prepared to step out of the bath with smooth supple skin.


There are two ways to incorporate these bath oils in your bath. The first method is to directly pour a cap-ful of oil into your bath and simply soak in your oil-infused bath. Sometimes when I'm feeling really down, I like to go a little over a cap-ful to make the scent even stronger. The second method is to massage the oil onto your torso, or wherever that needs a little massage really, before stepping into your warm bath.


Got no tub at home? No worries, as there are other methods to use these oils. To use them in a shower, all you need to do is apply the oil all over your body, give yourself a little massage if you want to, before rinsing it off with water. The water will not be able to completely rinse the oil away, but it will leave your skin feeling moisturized and you will still be able to smell the oil when you're out of the shower, which is the best part. You can also dap a teeny tiny little drop of oil on your wrist for a hint of fragrance.


My favourite thing about bath oils is that unlike a bath bomb or bubble bar, the scent of the bath oils is really intense and it follows you even after you're out of the tub or shower. Whenever I use my bath oils, my entire bathroom will smell like it and even when I wake up the next morning, I will still be able to smell the scent on my skin. I also love how my skin feels so soft, smooth, and enriched with the nutrients and moisture from the bath oil.

If you're keen on trying out bath oils to help yourself de-stress, or relax, Cosme-de.com has a great selection of bath oils for you to pick the one most suitable for your needs. Bath oils are not the cheapest products, so make sure to utilize my discount code, "thatxxrin15" for an additional 15% off all your purhases on Cosme-de.com.

Labels: , , , , , , ,