E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: EGGIE's Back To School Collection 2018 - Selma Top and Sunny Days Jumper
Thursday 23 August 2018 at August 23, 2018
After going through a bad experience with Jenn Im's clothing line, EGGIE, I uploaded a blog post and video explaining what I went through during my first order with them and surprisingly both blog post and video has gotten quite a number of attention and love! After the views started increasing steadily, EGGIE actually contacted me and gifted me a $150 gift card, a few weeks after their Summer drop where I bought the Amalie top. I really wanted to get a few more tops from the Summer collection like the Helena Top and Bella Blouse, but both were out of stock for my size and sadly, they never went back in stock. :(


I decided to keep the gift card until her next drop so finally, she launched her Back To School collection! Frankly speaking, there weren't a lot of pieces I like in this new collection as compared to her previous collections, mainly because most of the styles are kinda boyish and sporty, while I'm definitely more of a girly type of gal. I also felt like most of the pieces will be more suitable for her younger audiences and not so much for working adults like myself, hence, back to school. It also doesn't help that we don't have fall here in Singapore.


Furthermore, I find that most of the pieces are very overpriced as I only had $150 which, seems like a lot, but I could only get a maximum of approximately 3 pieces with $150. I was considering getting the Pax Hoodie as I love wearing hoodies and it looked really cosy and comfy, but it's a whopping US$42! I'd rather get this BT21 TATA hoodie that BTS Taehyung wore... There's honestly not much to contemplate since there were only a few pieces that I like, so ultimately, I settled on two tops from the new collection and one pair of bottoms from the previous collection. The total added up to $152 including the $10 fixed shipping rate, so I did top up the additional US$2.


The tops I decided to go with are the Selma Top, which immediately caught my eye because I've been digging the square neckline trend, and the Sunny Days jumper which, also caught my attention almost immediately because I love yellow clothes! I actually had second thoughts about the sweater after I placed my order, so I e-mailed them immediately (few hours after I submitted my order) to cancel it. They replied me a day later (due to time differences) and unfortunately they couldn't make any changes to my order as it was already processed (which I believe means "shipped"). On one hand, I think it's fantastic that my order was being processed so quickly, but on the other, I think it's quite inconvenient that we have to be 100% sure about our order before we submit it. I actually placed an order on Romwe a few days before, and a few hours after I placed that order, I noticed that I've mistakenly ordered two of the same top! I e-mailed Romwe and they were able to remove that item from my order and refund me which was a lifesaver! Of course I wouldn't blame them on my mistake, but I just felt like it would be better to allow changes to be made for fickle-minded people like myself.

Shipping was really quick this time round as I placed my order on Friday and it arrived on the following Monday! As usual, it came with an EGGIE pouch with a "THANKS BABY" card in it. Previously, I stated how I felt like the pouch is redundant, but I noticed that the pouch is bigger this time round which I think is not too bad since you'll now be able to fit in a decent amount of toiletries or some makeup products in it.



Alrighty, so without further ado, let's talk about the pieces I got. Starting with the Selma Top, like I mentioned, this one caught my attention immediately because of the square neckline, and since I'm more of a girly girl, the ruffles and little bow at the front really appealed to my style! I thought this top is extremely overpriced because it looks very basic, similar to the Bella Blouse from the previous collection. But the Bella Blouse costs $32 while this one is $42!




What I like about this top is that the material feels quite thick, unlike those basic tops I get from Ezbuy, Romwe, or Shein. I live for high-waisted bottoms, so I love that this top has a good length! It's not too crop so you can pair it with high-waisted things without tucking it in but at the same time, you won't be flashing any skin which makes this perfect for work environments or family gatherings. Overall I think this is a super cute top that can be worn for any occasion, and since it's very basic, you'll be able to easily pair it with any bottoms.



Moving on to the Sunny Days jumper, what I love about this jumper is the high neckline, bell-sleeves and bright yellow. I had second thoughts about this jumper because I started thinking about the ultra-long sleeves and I wasn't sure if I'm that fond of it. Previously, I also bought the Spot Top which also has ultra-long sleeves and it gets annoying at times because they always get in the way. But since I couldn't cancel this order, I just had to go along with it.




To my surprise, this jumper is actually quite thick (for Singapore) and heavy. It looked very flowy in the photos so I assumed it was going to be a lightweight breezy jumper. Thankfully, it's cropped and non-fitted, so you'll still be able to get some air ventilation going. One thing I noticed is that the ends of the sleeves are different from the photos on Eggie's website! As you can see, mine is folded and sewn in place while the sleeves on the promotion photos are not. I prefer mine as I think it gives it a more casual and neater look. I will most definitely wear this often when I'm editing at Starbucks or to work (my work dress code is casual, so wearing crop tops x high waisted pants is okay!) where I'm always cold!

Overall, I'm rather disappointed with this collection and I think it's because I felt like the previous two collections has been amazing and so I was probably expecting more. The pieces were very unique and innovative with all the detachable bits, but unfortunately it just doesn't appeal to my style. Like mentioned, I also got a pair of bottoms from the previous collection and I've included all 3 pieces in a lookbook (including some other pieces I got recently from elsewhere), so if you're keen to watch my lookbook, make sure you're subscribed to my Youtube channel!

Labels: , ,