E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: O'Lens x BTS Collection (DNA Destiny and IDOL Myself)
Sunday 8 September 2019 at September 08, 2019
I am so incredibly grateful for this, I don't even know where I should begin...!! Back in April, when I was in Korea, I received an unexpected e-mail from O'lens proposing to work with me long-term, and it wasn't even like a dream come true because I've never dare dream of a chance to work with O'lens... The no.1 cosmetics contact lens brand in South Korea!!



If you haven't heard of O'lens, you must not live on Earth... Or... You don't wear contact lenses. Before I even landed in South Korea, O'lens was already on my to-buy list. Having 275 physical stores, locating one wasn't a problem at all in fact I got my first few pairs of O'lens randomly at Busan. It being a cosmetics contact lens brand, O'lens offers a massive variety of coloured contact lenses. If I have to be completely honest, being in the store made me sweat because I was overwhelmed with all the different choices!



Other than its extensive collection of coloured contact lenses and it being a trustworthy brand, O'lens is also well-known for it's affordable price tag. In addition, if you're a K-popper, you might already know that O'lens has also worked with countless of Korean idols including Blackpink, EXID, Girls' Generation, Monsta X, VIXX, AOA, Produce 48... And now... BTS!

Going back to being grateful for this opportunity, if you're new on this blog, you might not know that I'm a BTS ARMY, so just imagine how excited I was to find out that O'lens will be sending me their latest O'lens x BTS collection!!!



BTS's coloured contact lenses has always been a hot issue because... They all look so hot with (or without) them. Although these lenses from O'lens are not the actual ones worn by the members, they are inspired by the lenses that BTS are often seen wearing. 




O'LENS x BTS


The collaboration, featuring 8 new monthly disposable lenses has just launched on the 7th of August 2019, and they are further classified into 2 sets, DNA Destiny and IDOL Myself. Each box will feature one member which you will not be able to choose during purchase, and there are also a total of 14 photo cards that you can collect with every purchase!


(I got the Taehyung card from the last box I opened........ Luck!!)

DNA Destiny is available in light blue, blue, brown, and pink, while IDOL Myself is available in grey, hazel, olive green, and blue. The highlight of both collection is that the colours are all pastel shades which creates a softer and brighter look. For those who prefers natural looking coloured lenses that doesn't enlarge the look of your eyes, you may be delighted to know that these lenses have a graphic diameter of 13.2mm which falls under the natural range as opposed to eye-enlarging contact lenses that can go up to 13.4mm.




For reference and comparison, here is a photo of my natural eye without any contact lenses on. 

DNA DESTINY 
The DNA collection has a softer and ethereal look as the pastel shade really lightens up the colour of my eyes! I wasn't too sure about the pink, but it was surprisingly wearable as you can see from the photo below, the pink was quite subtle! Honestly, as a person who only wears brown contact lenses, I thought I'd only like the brown, but I actually can't decide which is my favourite out of the 4 shades available! I think each and every one gives off a completely different feel, without looking too unnatural.





IDOL MYSELF 
The IDOL collection has slightly darker shades and it also gives off a sharper look as it has a rim on the circumference. Again... I love all the shades! The hazel is definitely my favourite since it looks the most natural for me, but I also really love the Olive Green as I think it goes really well with my skin tone. The gray has a little bit of blue in it which you'd hopefully be able to tell from the photo below.





To help compare the two collections better, I've worn the blue option on each side. On the right, I'm wearing the IDOL Myself in Blue, and on the left, I'm wearing the DNA Destiny in Blue. 


If you're an ARMY, you should know that BTS is always providing us with never-ending surprises and well, reasons to spend money... And so the collection doesn't simply ends here! O'Lens has recently announced that they have launched daily lenses for DNA Destiny Brown and IDOL Myself Gray, for those of you who prefer daily lenses. In addition, they've also come up with a Bring The Soul Kits!

The Bring The Soul Kit is a limited edited, discounted set that will entitle you to receive not only those randomized photocards shown above, but also a 1 x A3 sized poster of a random member, and 7 x postcards! There are two sets available, one that contains the daily lenses, and the other that contains the monthly lenses. As mentioned, this kit is limited edition, so make sure to place your order before it's too late! Alternatively, you can also take part in the free giveaway event that O'lens is  hosting to win a kit for yourself! 

Overall, I would say that these lenses are a must-have or rather, must-try if you're a BTS fan as they really do look like the ones worn by the members. Other than that, they are also very wearable for those of you who are new to coloured contact lenses! 

Labels: , , , ,