E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Anastasia Berverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette (+ swatches!)
Wednesday 10 August 2016 at August 10, 2016



Falling in love with an eyeshadow palette at first sight has always been a weakness of mine. I chanced upon the Anastasia Berverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette while I was purchasing the Lorac Pro Palette 3 and immediately fell in love with it. I've never owned anything from Anastasia Beverly Hills, so everything was as exciting for me as if I was entering a newly bloomed relationship.



I got this palette from Ulta.com via Shopandbox.com. Along with it, I also bought a bunch of other make-up products from the US (watch the haul video here!). Because I had it went through an agent and had to get it shipped from the US, it included a ton of service charges, paypal charges, and shipping charges. Total up, this palette costs approximately S$70.

This palette came in a soft, velvety medium pink packaging with the name "Modern Renaissance" smacked right in the center. I wished someone would have bothered picking out a fancier font but I guess the softness of the velvet case made it up for the simple font. In general, there is honestly nothing much fancy about the packaging.



It includes 14 eyeshadow shades, a mixture of matte and shimmers, a mixture of warm neutrals and reds. If you've been following me for awhile, you'll know that I love wearing warm-toned eyeshadows, neautral eyeshadows, reds and pinks eyeshadows, and that is what this palette is all about! What's more, fall in right around the corner and these colours just reflects the fall and winter season so well.




(with flash)

Overall, I think this palette would be great if you are someone who loves wearing shades like pink and berry. Although there are still a good number of warm neutrals such as golds and browns for you to create eye looks without the loud pink and red shades, I'd say that those are the highlight for this palette. If you're not into pinks and reds, I'd recommend looking for other palettes in the market.

Labels: , , ,