E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Lorac Pro Palette 3 (+ swatches!)
Tuesday 9 August 2016 at August 09, 2016

Following the success of the Lorac Pro Palette 1 & 2, Lorac has recently launched the Lorac Pro Palette 3 in the US on the 3rd July 2016. I was lucky to be able to get my hands on one of these so soon here in Singapore thanks to Shopandbox.com where I was able to ship from the US! (not sponsored) I got the palette off Ulta.com and together with the all the other miscellaneous charges, it costs about S$73.


It is no secret that I am in love with my Lorac Pro Palette. I've so far mentioned it in a favourites video twice and I'm pretty sure it is the first product that was featured in 2 favourites video. I just kept going back to it because of its basic, simple and warm shades. I also love how the packaging is extremely thin and lightweight. I often it bring it out because I can just put it right at the bottom of my bag or slot it at the sides.


Lorac Pro Palette 3 has the exact same packaging with the Pro Palette 1, except that it is in pale beige. Similarly, it also consists of 8 matte shades and 8 shimmer shades. This time round, it has a mixture of yellow-toned and red-toned shades along with a few basics. I believe by now, the quality of Lorac's eyeshadow is well-known. They are soft and smooth to touch, and very saturated. They are quite loose-packed though, so just be careful not to pick up too much product on your eyeshadow brush as it might fall all over your face. A little goes a long way with these highly pigmented eyeshadows. Another thing that I love about Lorac is that the names of their eyeshadows are really straight-forward.


Starting with the top row of matte shades, we have Blanc, Canvas, Cool Taupe, Pink Nude, Clay, Terracotta, Dark Brown, and Jet Black.


(with flash)

Blanc is a super pale yellow shade which I'd use as a matte highlighter for my brow bone. If you are pale enough, you can also use this to set your under eye concealer. If you want to add bright and loud shades to your eyes, this would act as a nice base to pop on before adding your loud colours.

Canvas is a natural skin tone shade. Like the name says, this is great as a base for your lids as it will cancel out any redness or veins, creating a nice blank canvas for you to express yourself.

Cool Taupe is a a light brown shade that is cool toned (so, without the orange tones in it). This is the perfect shade for shading and contouring your eyes and nose!

Pink Nude is a light and sweet peachy shade which looks very soft and feminine.

Clay is a light sandy brown with hints of orange in it. Compared to Cool Taupe, this is a much warmer shade and would be good for contouring of your eyes if you are wearing a warm toned eye make-up look.

Though the name of the next shadow is called Terracotta, I feel like Terracotta should be a little bit more red and orange, rather than yellow. Hence I feel like this shade looks more like a light mustard shade.

The last 2 matte shades, Dark Brown and Jet Black are pretty self-explanatory and straight-forward as their names.


Moving on to the shimmer shades, we've got Light Gold, Almond Pearl, Medallion, Light Pewter, Amethyst, Rose Bronze, Dark Mocha, and Truffle.


(with flash)

Light Gold looks like a mixture of Blanc, Pink Nude and glitters. If you're all about shimmer highlights, this is the perfect shade to highlight those inner corners, brow bones, lower lash line, etc.

Almond Pearl is a muted pale pink with iridescent shimmers. Again, another shade that's great for highlighting.

Medallion is a light metallic bronze shade and it's so pretty! I think it would definitely be a good shade to pop right in the center of your lids to make them pop.

The Lorac Pro Palette 1 came with a shade called Pewter. Light Pewter looked nothing like a lighter version of Pewter. In the Pro Palette 3, Light Pewter is a champagne silver shimmer with pink tones. It looks very similar to Almond Pearl, however the shimmer in this one is more chunky and silvery.

Amethyst is a deep warm toned berry shade. Definitely one of my favourite shades.

Rose Bronze is hands down my favourite shade out of all 16. This is a mixture of a muted pale pink, bronze and shimmer. Absolutely feminine and stunning!

Dark Mocha is a dark shimmer brown shade. It also has more of a reddish undertone compared to the matte Dark Brown shade. Perfect to pair with the other pink toned shades in this palette. Personally I think it would go perfect with Rose Bronze and Amethyst.

Lastly, we've got Truffle which is simply a darker version of Dark Mocha.

Overall, I LOVE this palette! I love the shades included, I think they are so versatile and similar to the Pro Palette 1, there are countless of looks you can create with these colours. I also feel like the yellow-orange-red tones eyeshadows will look really good for the fall and winter season as it kinda resembles the colours of autumn leaves don't you think? The Lorac Pro Palettes are not the most affordable palettes here in Singapore and literally no where is selling them (no where that you can actually feel and swatch the palette yourself), however the quality is definitely worth the price plus looking at how much use I've gotten out of my Pro Palette 1, I haven't even hit pan on any (well, almost, but not yet)! If you love wearing warm, pink toned eyeshadows, definitely consider this one!

Labels: , , ,