E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
Thursday 17 August 2017 at August 17, 2017
Having oily skin, mud masks are one of my must-have skincare products in my skincare routine as they are known to provide an effective deep cleanse to get rid of any stubborn oils and dirt. One of the most popular mud masks in the market are the ones from Glamglow, however they can be really pricey for a small little tub. So to help you decide if that little tub is worth the money, today I will be reviewing the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment, which I have been using for over 5 months now.


In 2016, I received the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment from Cosme-de.com, and even though it was very kindly sponsored, it was a product I specifically chose to try out. Cosme-de.com is an online shopping heaven for high-end beauty products, and one of the reasons why I recommend them is because their prices are very competitive as compared to retail prices. Their beauty products are also a 100% guaranteed authentic so you don't have to worry about receiving fake goods! So far, I have done numerous reviews (123) for them and so they are definitely trustworthy in my books.



I personally like alternating the different mud masks I own, which is why up till today, I have yet to empty the tub. It is also not recommended to use a mud mask often as you will end up stripping away all the essential oils and moisture in your skin which may backfire and cause even more skin problems such as dry skin, flaky skin and breakouts. For my entire face, I only use a mud mask when I feel like it needs it, so I usually only use it for spot treatments on breakout areas or my T-zone and chin area. You also don't need a thick layer of mask for this product as a little goes a long way (and a thin layer also makes it easier to wash off). For people with dry skin, not to worry as I personally find this mask less drying and harsh on my skin.


This mud mask has a really creamy texture, and it contains tea leaves flakes in the mix. After I smooth it all over my skin, I leave it on for about 20 minutes for it to dry up and basically absorb all the oils in my pores. During the process, the mask transform from a dark grey colour to a dark sea-foam colour. I notice that the areas with spots/oils remained grey.

The first time I used this mask, it has a stinging effect on my skin which was slightly unbearable I almost wanted to wash it off immediately. But the stinging feeling subsides after the first 5 minutes and in subsequent uses, I probably got used to the sensation. For people with sensitive skin, I recommend you to test it out on your neck area first before purchasing the full tub.


After 20 minutes, the mask is dry and stiff. Washing it off will take awhile so I tend to get the help of a facial brush or cloth to speed up the washing process. After washing, my skin feels refreshed and purified. Other than cleaning out my pores, I love how the mask also helps to tighten up my pores for a cleaner and smoother finish.

Overall, I have no complains for this mask. I find it ultra handy to have on hand especially for spot treatments and to pamper my pores. The only thing to remember is to not use it too often! Trust me, I've been there and my skin got so dry from using this 3 days in a row on my breakout area. I'd recommend up to 2 to 3 times a week for spot treatments but not consecutively and once to twice a month for the entire face.

Labels: , ,