E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Korean Skincare - iUNIK
Wednesday 16 May 2018 at May 16, 2018
I'm back with a long overdue review of a Korean skincare brand, iUNIK, who contacted me months ago and asked if I would like to pick out 3 products to try out. Pronounced as "i-unique", this non-mainstream Korean brand focuses on minimalistic skincare, which is why the packaging of their products are all very simple, and clean looking. A good news for those who are lazy when it comes to skincare, the term minimalistic skincare also means simplifying your skincare routine, so you don't have to use a ton of skincare products to see improvements in your skin.



Like I said, this review is very long overdue, so I have actually been diligently using these products for the past month. It wasn't compulsory for me to do this review, but since I have been loving them so much over the month, I thought I'd share them with you guys!



Beginning with the first product, I decided to pick the iUNIK Tea Tree Relief Toner, mainly because I have oily skin and this toner is most recommended for people with oily and sensitive skin. This gentle toner has a blend of both Tea Tree and Centella Asiatica which are two very popular ingredients known to be best for treating acne prone skin due to its natural ability to heal wounds, reduce redness, and skin irritations. Other than improving your acne condition, this toner also claims to have other benefits such as whitening, moisturizing, and wrinkle care.


This toner has a light and watery texture which is my favourite type as compared to thicker toners. I love a toner that can instantly make my skin feel freshened up and that's exactly what this toner does as it contains tea tree which provides a slight minty feeling. It has a really mild calming scent as it contains chamomile oil, which makes it not only soothing to apply on, but also soothing to smell!



Moving on, I chose the iUNIK Black Snail Restore Serum because I am turning 26 this year so I've started to actively incorporate anti-aging products into my skincare routine. Black Snail is known for its ability to fade dark spots, heal acne scars, and restore the elasticity of your skin, making it one of the most popular ingredient found in Korean's beauty products. Apart from black snail extract, this serum also contains black beans, black sesame, black rice, kelp and eggplant to boost its anti-aging functions.




If you've used a skincare product that contains black snail, then you'll know that black snail has a natural gooey texture. Therefore, this serum is slightly gooey, but surprisingly it still feels light on my skin. As this product comes with a dropper, I simply use 2 drops every night for my entire face. Prior to using this product, I do have a couple of stubborn acne scars on my jawline, however after this products every single night for 2 weeks, I've started to see my spots fading away which is a very exciting sign for me! Although I can't guarantee that the scars are fading a 100% due to this product, I haven't seen my skin reacting badly to it, and also since it is an anti-aging product, I have continued using and loving this for the rest of the month.



The final product is my favourite out of the 3 and it is the iUNIK Beta Glucan Daily Moisture Cream.
The reason why I chose this moisturiser in the first place was because its main ingredient is Beta Glucan, which is an ingredient I've never heard of or try before, so I when I saw it on the website, I just spontaneously thought this would be a great opportunity to try out a new ingredient for my skin.


Instead of a cream like texture, it's actually more of a thick gel texture which I love because it blends so smoothly onto my skin and even though I have oily skin, it doesn't make my skin feel oily or sticky in any way. I love that it comes in a tube packaging because it makes it more hygienic and convenient to use since you dont need to stick your finger or a spatula in it to get the product out. I think the packaging also makes it really easy to travel with as well which is why Ive been bringing it along with me to the gym so I can ensure that my skin is well-moisturised after I've washed my face.


So what is Beta Glucan? Well, Beta Glucan is an ingredient which is apparently 20% more hydrating that Hyaluronic acid, a popular ingredient commonly found in beauty products due to its hydrating properties. Perhaps it's because of this, I noticed that I only need a pea-sized amount of product every time I use it and it's definitely enough to keep my face moisturised for the entire day. Other than its moisturising function, this cream also has anti-aging, whitening, and calming functions which makes it also suitable for people with sensitive skin.


Overall, I think the products from iUNIK really made me open my eyes, once again, to non-mainstream Korean brands. I love how gentle their products are and how they emphasis on the development of the product itself rather than spending costs on complicated and fanciful packaging, which is why all their products are extremely affordable! If you're planning to get more than 1 product, make sure to check out their skin care sets which are basically bundles at a discounted price!