E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: My Little Pony x ColourPop Palette (+ swatches!)
Monday 27 November 2017 at November 27, 2017

Kawaii isn't usually the style I'm drawn towards to, but when I saw the My Little Pony Palette from Colourpop, I just couldn't resist myself. I've always been a huge fan of Colourpop due to the affordable prices and high quality products. So far, I don't think any other brands can match up to the prices and quality of Colourpop's products. The only reason why I don't have even more Colourpop products than I currently have, is because it takes forever to ship in to Singapore, and I guess I'm not very patient when it comes to that. But for their latest My Little Pony Palette, it was well worth the wait.



Because of what I do on Youtube and on this blog, I own an insane amount of eyeshadows. Therefore, purchasing a new one would require at least 3 good reasons to justify my new purchase. So what made me purchase the My Little Pony Palette?



1. It looks cute as heck. Come on. You guys know that eyeshadow palettes are my weakness when it comes to makeup, not to mention an eyeshadow palette that comes in a gorgeous, or in this case, flipping cute packaging. I know for some of you guys, the packaging of an eyeshadow doesn't really make a good reason to purchase it, but it is for me and it's in fact a rather huge deciding factor for me. If an eyeshadow is boring in its packaging... 90% of the time, I wouldn't get it. Plus, the packaging of this eyeshadow palette is also lightweight and non-plastic, which means you won't have to worry about it smashing in your makeup pouch!



The only thing I don't like about this packaging is the lack of mirror on the palette. As you all know, I often film my makeup looks, and it's just so much easier to hold the palette as a mirror whilst applying my eyeshadow, rather than using another handheld mirror.



2. The shades are gorgeous. Like I said, I've always been a huge fan of Colourpop as their eyeshadows are all highly pigmented, smooth and easy to work with. Therefore, quality isn't something I have doubts about when it comes to Colourpop. On first glance, these shades doesn't seem to be ones I tend to use on a daily basis as I'm more of a neutral, warm-toned eyeshadow girl. But at the same time, I'm a frequent user of peaches, pinks, oranges and yellow eyeshadows, which are majority of these shades.



One of the shades that really struck to me is the teal shade (Princess Sparkle) on the most bottom right. I've never tried or owned a teal eyeshadow, and I've seen many other Youtubers rocking it on their lids so it's definitely something I'd like to try out for myself!



As you might be able to tell, this palette has a "unicorn" sorta theme or vibe even though technically, they are ponies and not unicorns. But with that said, there are a handful of shades here that are extremely glittery, iridescent, and magical (swatches below!).


3. It's only retailing at USD16 (~S$22). That's S$1.80 per shade which is really affordable! Honestly, it's so difficult to find a cheap yet high quality eyeshadow palette these days. If it was over S$30, I'd probably give this palette a miss. But it's $22........ For all 12 shades! Can't find a better deal than this if you were to ask me.



Overall, this palette is worth every single bucks (and yes, the long wait) for me. I love the versatility of the shades and the amount of different looks you can pull off with just this one palette. Even though on first glance, it might look like a mixture of loud and bold colours, they are actually really wearable and easy to mix and match with my other palettes. I think this is also a great palette to start out with if you are hoping to venture into bolder colours because of the price, quality, and variety of shades. If you're really not that fond of pinky shades and you still prefer to stick with the basic browns and golds, this palette might not be the one for you due to the lack of neutral shades in this palette.

Labels: , , ,