E-Mail Youtube Instagram














My Current Favourite Candles
Friday 8 December 2017 at December 08, 2017
Let it burn let it burn let it burn...


Christmas is right around the corner, and that means it's time to bust out all your fairy lights, hot chocolate recipe, cosy blankets, Christmas films, and candles. I love candles, all year round, but I find it almost like a necessity to always have at least one light up during year end because it just effectively amps up my festive mood, and it creates the perfect atmosphere for the holiday season.


I know, there are probably more than a billion different scented candles to choose from, so if you're new to candles and would like to try out a couple before this year ends, good news! As today, I will be sharing with you a few of my current favourite candles, and hopefully that'll help you narrow down your choices.

Note: I'm not a candle expert, just a regular consumer who loves a good smelling environment!

1. Bath & Body Works Stress Relief Candles



If you've been following my Youtube channel, you will know these candles from Bath & Body Works. I have mentioned both candles in separate monthly favourites in the past, which proves my love for them. As you can also tell from the images, I'm nearly done with both of them, which is crazy considering the fact that I only got my second Stress Relief candle in September this year.




Honestly, both candles smell very similar to me and I really can't tell the difference. All I know is that they smell amazing and absolutely calming. I suffer from insomnia from time to time and I noticed that I definitely fall asleep quicker and better with the help of this candle. I've actually fell asleep once while this candle was burning so... erm... That was really dangerous, so do remember to put it out before you doze off!



This is also a 3-wick candle, and because my room is pretty small, the smell can sometimes get a little too much if you leave it burning for more than 3 hours.

2. Aromatherapy Associates Relax Candle


My next favourite is the Aromatherapy Associates's Relax Candle. It is a fairly new one to my humble collection, but I swear this is the most lovely and most relaxing candle I have ever owned. This candle comes in a simple frosted glass with tiny and delicate looking gold patterns all over it. Nothing too mind-blowing in my opinion as compared to the actual candle itself.



This candle is made with a blend of West Indian Bay and Myrrh Essential oils that will help to calm, soothe and uplift your mind. I'd say that it's very mildly sweet but it's nothing too overpowering like a birthday cake candle. As this candle is a lot smaller than the 3-wick candles from Bath & Body works, I feel like the smell is much more evenly distributed in my small room. It has a really strong scent actually as I can smell it without burning it! I find it really tough to describe the scent of this candle, but I am absolutely in love with it and I highly recommend it if you're into relaxing candles or aromatherapy. Trust me, you will not regret this.



The only downside to this candle is that it doesn't come with a cap or cover.

3. Diptyque Figuier / Fig Tree Scented Candle



I've seen Diptyque candles all over the internet and being the candle lover like I am, I was dying to try one out for myself to see what the hype was all about. I was so thrilled to see that they are available on Cosme-de.com, and so I quickly placed my order for their best selling candle which is the Figuier/Fig Tree Scented candle. As you should know by now, I'm obsessed with relaxing fragrances, but I wanted to try out something different from the mainstream relaxing scents, and this Fig Tree candle is the perfect alternative.



This candle has more of an earthy fragrance that will remind you of the crisp, fresh, and natural scents of nature and trees. I am someone who loves going out to the nature to de-stress as I find it very relaxing to be away from the "city area", thus this candle makes me feel like I'm actually out in the woods which is nice! I think this candle is more suitable to burn when you're working or trying to concentrate, rather than for sleeping. This candle also doesn't come with a cap or cover.

4. Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin Scented Candle



The last candle is from Jo Malone, another brand that I've been meaning to try. Once again, I was happy to see their fragrances and scented candles available on Cosme-de.com. They offer a huge range of different scents, so once again, I've decided to go for one of their best selling, signature fragrance, the Lime Basil and Mandarin scent. This fragrance is a blend of peppery basil and aromatic white thyme.



I don't think this is particularly a relaxing scent, and since I do have a handful of relaxing scented candles, I just wanted something else for the rest of the house. I think this candle is perfect to light up in the living room to clear up any unwanted odour in the house as it is citrusy, fresh, and uplifting.





Like I said, there are so many scented candles in the market and I've tried many candles in my life, including scented candles from Ikea, and even though they only cost less than 5 bucks... There's literally no fragrance coming out from the candle. Therefore, from my experiences, I'd say that even though these candles I've mentioned are on the pricier side, they are definitely worth every penny because of the quality of the candle.

The last 3 candles on this list are available on Cosme-de.com, and after doing my research, I found that they are cheaper than the prices in stores as well as on other websites like Lazada! If you're planning on getting these candles from Cosme-de.com, don't forget to utilize my discount code "thatxxrin15" for an additional 15% off! One example is the Jo Malone candle which costs $104 on Lazada, but on Cosme-de.com, it only costs $79 after 15% off!

There are still so many more candles I wish to try out, but until then, these are my current favourites! Which are your favourite candles from Jo Malone and Diptyque? I would love to know!

Labels: , ,