E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: iluvsarahii x Colourpop Through My Eyes Palette
Friday 22 March 2019 at March 22, 2019
Wanting to try other shades of eyeshadows apart from pink, red, orange and yellow, I decided to hop onto Colourpop's website to find new shades to play around with. Browsing through their extensive collection of eyeshadow palettes, the iluvsarahii x Colourpop Through My Eyes palette instantly caught my attention.





New year, same flow. I'm going to begin chatting about the packaging first because, isn't this one finely packaged palette? As expected from Colourpop, it's nothing too complicated which I actually appreciate because that means it'll be very lightweight and travel-friendly, but at the same time, it's a little different from the other palettes that I own from Colourpop. First of all, it comes with a huge mirror which is not a common thing in Colourpop's eyeshadow palettes. Next, they've also printed the names of the shades inside the palette, again, something that's uncommon for Colourpop's palettes. I also love the overall whimsical vibe of the whole palette with the dark shades of greens and reflective gold.



This palette is so far my biggest Colourpop eyeshadow palette as it contains 16 shades in total. Although in a glance, most of the shades looks like shades that I'm very comfortable with, I love that it also has a wide selection of shades that I don't normally go for! I don't think I even have those shades in my makeup collection! 




I've had this palette for over a month now and I just can't stop going back to it despite ordering a good amount of eyeshadows from Colourpop. My favourite shades are Wild Soul - a warm-toned mustard shade which is perfect if you're still trying to get into the yellow eyeshadow trend from last year, Mesmer-Eyez - a metallic orangey gold shade which is no doubt one of the shades I use the most, Nostalgia - a dusty mauve rose shade that's very similar to my Etude house single eyeshadow that I've been obsessed with for many months in 2018, and finally Missbehave - a dark yet rich wine shade. 



Other than those shades, I'm also really excited to try out some of the more unique shades in this palette such as Emerald Green - a really bright and bold cool toned green, and Lomo - another bright and bold neon red shade! Once again, the pigmentation of Colourpop's eyeshadows never fails to impress. Just look at how intense the swatches are (at the end of this post), and this is just one swipe of the eyeshadow! For similar quality and quantity of eyeshadows, this could easily be sold at S$60 or above if it was from a brand that's selling in Sephora, but this palette is retailing at only US$23 (~S$32). 




Overall, I think this palette is worth the money spent and great if you're planning to venture out of neutral shades as this palette does not contain much neutral shades like brown and nudes, but at the same times, most of the shades are super wearable for any occasions. With 16 versatile and very different shades, you don't have to worry about repeating the same looks over and over again. I've so far featured this eyeshadow palettes in a couple of my Youtube videos, so check them out if you'd like to see how I include the shades in different eye looks. 

Labels: , , ,