E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Colourpop No Filter Natural Matte Foundation (Light 70)
Monday 8 April 2019 at April 08, 2019
After using the Vely Vely liquid foundations for a year, I finally decided to go out and find some new foundations to test. As you can tell from my excessive Colourpop hauls recently, I thought it was only natural for me to finally try out their No Filter Natural Matte Foundation.


Prior to the launch of this foundation, Colourpop first released their No Filter Matte Concealer which was a huge hit among beauty influencers all around the world. Due to its affordable pricing as compared to some other equally raved concealers like the Tarte Shape Tape concealer, I myself own 2 of the No Filter Matte Concealer in Light 18 to conceal my dark eye circles. I personally enjoyed using their concealer, so I had high hopes for this foundation. 



The first step was to pick a shade and boy, it was tough. Nevertheless, I managed to settle on Light 70 which is a "warm foundation with golden yellow undertones for light medium skin tones". The shade is true to it's description considering how yellow it looked. I have warm-toned skin but this foundation was a little too yellow for me. I should have gone with a neutral shade like Light 75 instead. 



When it arrived, I was shocked by the fact that it doesn't come with a cap because you know me, I'm all about travel-friendly packaging. However not long later, I found out that the pump actually comes with a twist lock to lock the pump from operating. It is quite easy to twist it though so if I'm ever bringing this guy out out of the country or even to the gym, I'll definitely take extra precautions. 

The consistency of this foundation is very watery which is quite nice since it feels lightweight on my oily skin and if you want a higher coverage, you can definitely build it up with 2 light layers without feeling like it's clogging all your pores. Due to its watery texture, this foundation blends out easily and seamlessly with a surprisingly good, medium coverage. I think the finish is just like the way they've described it, "Natural Matte". It's not completely matte, so if you prefer something that is completely matte, you'll have to top it up with a powder. 



Overall, I can see why people are loving this foundation. Apart from the mismatch in the shade, the texture and consistency is very light, making it comfortable to wear all day long. Since it is oil-free, it doesn't add unnecessary and additional oil to my skin too. I wouldn't say this foundation is long lasting unlike foundations like the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place or Fenty Beauty foundation, but it does fades away gracefully and naturally throughout the day without creasing. Once again, at US$12 (~S$17), I think this is another Colourpop product that is totally worth the money!

Labels: , , ,