E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Troiareuke Seoul Aesthetic Cushion
Tuesday 7 March 2017 at March 07, 2017
I feel like I've said this a millionth times, but Troiareuke is one of my favourite Korean skincare brands. I started using their products in early 2016 and honestly, I was always so impressed with the quality and effectiveness of their products. Apart from just their skincare products, their cushions are hands down my favourite in the market. Air cushion foundations are originated in South Korea and due to its blooming popularity, the trends has now spread to even western brands and even higher-end brands such as YSL, Givenchy, SK-II, has released their own air cushions. 


However, despite the constantly growing amount of air cushions available in the market, my favourite still remains the same with Troiareuke's cushions. One of the main factors why is probably because all their cushions are 99% skincare, BUT, at the same time, it doesn't lack in the make-up department at all. 

Up till date, Troiareuke has now released a total of 3 cushions and I have previously done a review for both their H+ Healing Cushion (here), and A+ Acsen Cushion (here). Both cushions have also been featured in 2 different favourites video which proves how much I love them. 


So today, as you can already tell from the title, I will be reviewing Troiareuke's newly launched Seoul Aesthetic Cushion! 


First off, the packaging is pretty much 99% similar to its other cushions. It's very simple and lightweight, which is perfect for carrying around in your handbag. When you open up the cushion, you will notice that the sponge is not fully soaked in the product (as you can see from the image), and that's the same with the rest of their cushions as well. This is actually an anti-oxidant technology to reduce the chances of your foundation being oxidized and turning dull. 

Now let's get down to the technical stuff.


The H+ Cushion is manufactured with Water Wrapping System (WWS) - a technology that protects the water molecules in the cushion so it gets transferred to your skin. While the A+ Cushion is manufactured with Sebum Control System (SCS) - a technology that controls excessive sebum and Smart Moisture Capture System (SMC) - a technology that keeps your skin moisturized throughout the day. As for the Seoul Aesthetic Cushion, it is manufactured is all WWS, SCS and SMC system which makes it suitable for ALL skin types! 

So like I've mentioned, Troiareuke's cushions are 99% skincare which simply means that they provide your skin with skincare benefits while you have them on. So what type of skincare benefits can you receive from the Seoul Aesthetic Cushion? Let's find out. 


Firstly, the Seoul Aesthetic Cushion is professionally formulated with 6 different types of peptides. 5 of which are Filler-liked and the remaining 1 is a Botox-liked peptide. From the 5 Filler-liked peptides, your skin will be able to receive benefits such as strengthened collagen density and stimulated production of collagen. And from the remaining Botox-liked peptide, you will be able to receive anti-aging skincare benefits including the reduction of wrinkles and other fine lines! Apart from the 6 peptides, this cushion also provides moisture and SPF for overall youthful and radiance looking skin. Similar to its other cushions, it also helps brighten your complexion which is one of my favourite points about their cushions. 

Now we're done with the skincare portion, let's move on to make-up. 

Once again, this cushion only comes in one shade and I'm happy to know that it comes in shade C23 because that's my shade! *grins* Personally, I have medium skin tone however when I first applied it, it does look quite light so I would describe this shade as a light natural beige. After awhile though, I noticed that the foundation blends in very naturally with my skin tone. Despite it being a "skincare cushion", I love that the coverage and finish is similar to the A+ Cushion (i.e. my all-time, go-to cushion). It has a medium to high coverage as I find it sufficient with just a light layer of this cushion (but feel free to build it up!). Another favourite point about this cushion is the slight dewy finish which makes my skin look illuminated, supple and moisturized!

When I have the cushion on, it felt extremely lightweight and moisturizing (but not too moisturizing that it made me look greasy at the end of the day!) which I love as it felt like my skin was still able to breathe under all my make-up. 



This cushion is retailing at USD48, slightly pricier than the other 2 as it provides much premium quality skincare benefits. But if you were to ask me, I'd say that it is totally worth trying especially if you are struggling with any skincare problems. If you're interested to purchase this cushion or any other products from Troiareuke, please drop them a Facebook message (here)! 

To see the cushion in action, watch my video review (here)! 


Labels: , , , ,