E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Best of Bright Set from Pixi
Tuesday 6 June 2017 at June 06, 2017
Pixi is a brand that I have only heard of in 2016 and since then, I've just been hearing only good stuff about them which really intrigued me to try out their products. When the brand Pixi was finally available in Singapore via Sephora, I decided to take advantage of a recent 20% Sephora sales and got my hands on some of their skin treats. I would love to try out their make-up products as well so hopefully Sephora will be bringing in more of their products soon!


Since I am new to Pixi, the Best of Bright Set really appealed to me as I would get to try out 3 of their products at a reasonable price. I wouldn't exactly call them affordable though as these 3 products are tiny. Included in this set are the cult favourite Glow Tonic, a facial cleanser as well as a mud mask which will probably only last you three to four usage. 



If you're fairly new to Pixi like I am, they basically have this line of skincare products in a range or series called "Glow". This range of skincare is supposed to help give your skin a healthy, glowing, bright and clear complexion. I've said this countless of times, but dull skin is one of my major skin complex and I hate it, so anything that can brighten that face up, I'm down.



The first product is the Glow Mud Cleanser. I was expecting this product to be super foamy but it was the complete opposite! This cleanser does not foam (at all) but even so, it still claims to provide a deep cleanse for your skin. Now I've always enjoyed foamy cleansers even though deep in my heart I know that gel cleansers works really well too. So when this one didn't foam up, I was a little bit disappointed. Nevertheless, after rinsing, my skin was clean and free from any dust and dirt. Also, it doesn't have any strong scent which makes it pleasant to use. 


The next product is the well-known Glow Tonic. This product has been highly raved since a long time ago and until today, it remains a cult favourite. When I purchased this kit, I also managed to get my hands on the 100ml bottle. Due to the overwhelming good reviews on the Sephora website, I was sold. With that said, I have been religiously using this product for the past 5 weeks and while I don't see a significant difference in the "glow" department, I did see my complexion improve in other aspects.

This Glow Tonic is none other than an exfoliating toner. Containing 5% of Glycolic Acid, this toner is strong enough to remove any excess make-up, dirt, oils, impurities and dead skin, while providing hydration as well. I can vouch for that as every time I've used it, my skin feels moisturized and it doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped. I love that this toner has a really light fragrance that is not too overpowering. I simply pour a good amount onto a cotton pad, before swiping it all across my face two to three times to ensure that all the junk is being removed. 

For my fellow oily skin peeps, Glycolic Acid is great for people who suffers from acne and occasional break outs as it helps keep our pores clean and prevents clogging. After using this toner, I did see quite a huge improvement in my acne conditions! As mentioned, I can't tell if it's actually brightening up my skin but since it worked great for my acne, I couldn't stop going back to it. If you read my What's In My Travel Bag blog post, you'll know that I have brought this toner with me on my trip too to keep my skin fresh and clean throughout my holiday! 


The last product in the set is the Glow Mud Mask. Mud masks are one of my favourite type of masks, because they tend to be really good at deep cleansing and they help with pore tightening as well. I broke out a lot when I landed in Korea last month, so on the second day, I decided to apply this mud mask all over my face. It applies on very smoothly and I find that you only need a thin layer for it to do its job. After about 10 minutes, the mask starts to dry up and I feel my skin tightening. After rinsing it off, my skin felt significantly cleaner and fresher. After 2 - 3 days, my skin also cleared up. Even though I wouldn't give the full credit to this mud mask, I was pretty sure it did help speed up the process.



Overall, I feel like this is a good set to have if you are keen on trying out all 3 products. Although they look tiny, the Glow Tonic actually lasted me for about more than a month (I use it every day and night). Out of the three products, my favourite is the Glow Tonic so if you're only interested to start out with the Glow Tonic, I definitely recommend you to get the 100ml travel sized version to try out instead of this kit. 

Labels: , , ,