E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette
Wednesday 20 September 2017 at September 20, 2017
Even after trying out so many different brands of eyeshadows, Urban Decay's eyeshadows remains one of my top favourites. Recently, they released their latest addition to the Naked range, the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette. I headed into stores, planning to grab one for myself but I noticed how similar the colours were to one another and so I decided to give this palette a miss. The palette that attracted my attention though, was the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette.


This palette is by no means a new release, but since it is now one of my new favourite eyeshadow palettes, I thought it was only right to do a full review on this gorgeous palette. I managed to get this palette from Cosme-de.com which costs US$49 as compared to it's retail price of US$54 at Sephora. Don't forget to use my discount code "thatxxrin15" if you'd like an additional 15% off on all your purchases on Cosme-de.com!


Cosme-de.com is an online shop based in Hong Kong and they offer 100% authentic cosmetic products, as well as toiletries such as body products, bath products and fragrances. So if you're looking for any high-end beauty products, make sure to check out Cosme-de.com as I find their prices extremely competitive and reasonable.



The Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette consists a total of 12 matte shades which is honestly surprisingly to me because I used to love shimmery shades as compared to matte shades. I don't know. It might be the season, it might be the fact that I'm older, now, I'm enjoying matte shades. As fall is approaching, I thought that this is just the perfect palette to create a simple, yet stunning fall makeup look.



As usual, from Urban Decay, you can always expect high quality eyeshadows. Like I said, their eyeshadows remains my favourite and that is mainly due to the high pigmentation and quality of their eyeshadows. The top row makes up of mostly nude shades. My favourite shade from the top row is definitely 'Instinct'. When I first saw it, I thought it was a purple shade as I mentioned in my Unboxing Video. But it is actually a slightly darker nude shade that shows up really well on my medium skin. I love that it has a slight hint of pink which blends lovely into my skintone. On lazy days, I simply sweep this one and only colour onto my lids to slightly define my eyes. This simple eyeshadow shade gives off a very mature and feminine vibe and I think the look is perfect for an everyday use or for more formal office events like meetings and interviews.


Moving on to the bottom row, here comes the darker shades. I absolutely love the variety of matte brown shades in this palette as it can be used for my brow, my eyeliner, as well as nose contour! If you are someone who loves black eyeliner (I'm usually a brown-eyeliner type of girl), there is also a black eyeshadow included. From the bottom row, without doubt, my favourite shade is 'Extra Bitter'. This shade reminds me of the Naked Heat palette as it is a dark orange, brick-red shade. The perfect shade for fall! This shade is the one I go to whenever I am attempting a darker or heavier eye makeup look from this palette.




For US$49, I feel that this palette is definitely worth it. The packaging is as gorgeous as the shades in the palette and since the shades in this palette is very basic, I believe the colours such as brown and nude will never go out of trend for years to come. This palette is also lightweight and travel-friendly as it is slim and sturdy. Not to mention that it comes with a huge mirror!



You can also never have enough Urban Decay eyeshadow brushes, so I'm delighted that this palette included one too. I think this palette will also make the perfect gift for anyone who is just starting out with eyeshadows or has just started experiencing with eyeshadows since the colours are very wearable for any skin tones.

Labels: , ,