E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Tartelette In Bloom Amazonian Clay Palette (+ swatches!)
Tuesday 20 March 2018 at March 20, 2018
My first eyeshadow palette review for 2018 was a glitter-packed one, suitable for year end parties, and night outs. But now that spring is upon us, it means that it's time to chuck aside our festive, glittery eyeshadows, and dark lippies. Today, I'm doing my second eyeshadow palette review of the year, and coincidentally, it is one that ties in with this spring season. It is not a newly released eyeshadow palette, but it's the latest addition to my collection.


Today, I will be reviewing Tarte's Tartelette in Bloom Amazonian Clay Palette.



As usual, we begin with the packaging talk. I love the packaging of this eyeshadow palette. Technically, it isn't anything complicated or special, but I love the print on the front that looks like a bunch of different coloured flower petals stacked together. The packaging also feels very sturdy, and it comes with a full-sized mirror (aka a mirror that covers the entire area of the flip side of the cover)!


I've always enjoyed products from Tarte because I find that all of their products are high quality, and honestly I own many products from Tarte and there's not a single one that I dislike. That said, this palette contains Amazonian Clay-infused eyeshadows which makes them silky smooth, pigmented, easily blendable, and long-wearing. There are a total of 12 warm shades in this palette, arranged in 3 rows that creates 3 different looks for you to choose from everyday! Each row contains only one shimmer shade and three matte shades, so you don't go OTT on those glitters.




Since I have warm skin, the moment I saw the shades, I knew that they were going to work well for my skin tone. My favourite shades are Firecracker, which is a medium bronze shimmer. Activist, a chocolate matte shade. Funny Girl, a versatile and must-have champagne glitter. Leader, a dark matte maroon brown, and Jetsetter, a cool light brown that'd be perfect for contouring or defining the crease.



I think this eyeshadow palette is perfect for beginners as I find that the arrangement of the shades really provides a good guide to create basic, everyday looks. Since most of the colours included are eyeshadow-must-have-shades such as browns, gold, bronze, and champagne, I think this will also be a great starter 'kit' for those attempting to try out eyeshadows. So if you're interested to pick this palette up either for yourself or as a gift, it is currently retailing on Cosme-de.com for only ~S$52 (U.P is S$72 on Sephora!). If you'd like, get an additional 15% off with my discount code, "thatxxrin15"!

Labels: , , ,