E-Mail Youtube Instagram














A Beginner's Guide: K-Beauty Skincare Routine (Oily Skin)
Friday 25 May 2018 at May 25, 2018
Want to achieve your favourite Korean celebrities' glass skin? Well, with the right K-beauty skincare products, you can too! Even after years of trending, K-beauty is still going strong, so for those who wants to finally jump onto the K-beauty bandwagon, I'm going to share with you the top 5 essential products you'll need, to form and complete your very own K-beauty skincare routine. Unfortunately, I have oily skin and will be recommending these products based on my own experience, so these products mentioned today will be more suitable if you have oily or combination skin! #teamoily


Every skincare routine should begin with a cleanser because every skincare routine should begin with a clean face. Listed as one of my top Korean skincare products for oily skin, I have to recommend the 1. Cosrx Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser. Despite being a non-foamy, gel cleanser, this cleanser makes my skin feels squeaky clean, without stripping away all of my skin's natural moisture. This cleanser has the ability to lower your skin's PH level as high PH levels in our skin are found to cause it to be dry and sensitive which may cause even more skin problems such as breakouts, skin irritations, as well as patchy skin. I love that this cleanser does not has an artificial fragrance, and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or uncomfortable after cleansing.

After cleansing, we'll need to tone our skin. Toners not only help re-balance the PH levels in our skin to prep it for the other skincare products, but they also help remove any stubborn dirt that are left behind after cleansing. At this age of time, multi-functional products are everywhere, so it's not surprising to find toners with more than just one function. One of my favourite K-beauty toners is the 2. Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water from By Wishtrend. I have previously done a full review on this toner, as well as mention it in my latest skincare routine video! I love that this toner also works as an everyday gentle exfoliator, so I never have to worry about the build up of unwanted dead skin cells. It feels light and refreshing, and it even has brightening, anti-aging, and hydrating properties! Other than using this right after cleansing, I also love to use this after a workout, or any time of the day where my skin feels like a needs to quick freshen up. If you're looking for a toner with a thicker consistency, you might be interested to try out the Supply Preparation Facial Toner from Klairs. This toner definitely provides more hydration, but it doesn't seem to have the ability to exfoliate.

Next up, moisturize. I'm skipping serums and essence because I myself don't even use them in my day time skincare routine. Since I'm always rushing to leave the house in the morning, I just prefer not to pile up a bunch of skincare products in the morning. If you're new to applying skincare, it's also best to keep it as simple as possible otherwise it'll just turn into a chore! For my moisturizer recommendation, I'm going to recommend the current one I'm using which is the 3. Vitamin 75 Maximizing Cream from By Wishtrend. This daily moisturizer contains 75% of vitamin tree water which is a hydrating and nourishing ingredient, and it also contains natural vitamin E which is best known for fighting against aging of the skin. It has a smooth, thick gel consistency that blends out smoothly into my skin without causing my skin to feel uncomfortable, oily, or sticky. I believe not only #teamoily will love this, but also #teamdry because of how hydrating and soft it makes my skin feels. It also has a mild fresh citrusy fragrance which is definitely a plus in my books.

I'm sure we all know how annoying it is to get a spot at the wrong place, at the wrong time. But it's not the end of the world... If you have a spot treatment product on hand! Using a spot treatment will not only quicken the recovery process, but it will also make it disappear even before you know it. Also listed as one of my top Korean skincare products for oily skin or breakouts, my spot treatment recommendation is the amazing, 4. Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch. These patches stays on all night, and even during showers so you won't be caught in awkward situations where you'll wake up the next morning with your dirty patch on your pillow! Yucks. They come in yellow which... Is not really the best skin colour, but they're definitely better looking than any spots. The best thing about these patches is how much they speed up the recovery process of my pimples! I find that it works best on spots where you can see the gunk underneath and it's ready to be "popped" because this patch will just absorb all the gunk out, leaving your spot cleaner and therefore ready to start healing. Depending on how "ripe" your spot is, some of my spots can be gone in just a matter of one night of using these patches so they're no doubt a must-have for me!

Even though I like keeping my day time skincare routine as basic and as simple as possible, I can never leave the house without sunscreen. UV rays is one of the top main causes of aging, as well as other skin problems like skin discolouration (brown spots, freckles, etc), so I always make sure to have sufficient sun protection on before I leave my house. My sunscreen recommendation is none other than the highly raved 5. Cosrx Aloe Soothing Sun Cream with SPF 50. Even though this sun cream is recommended for people with dry skin, I love how light it feels on my skin and it also gives off a cooling effect due to the aloe vera extract. If you have sensitive or irritated skin due to breakouts or sun exposure, the aloe vera extract will also help calm and soothe the irritation! The lightweight formula makes it perfect to apply under makeup without adding a white cast.

If you're keen to try out the products, I have extra good news for you! To celebrate and commemorate cruelty-free brand week, Wishtrend has launched special promotional prices for the brands and products I have mentioned above, and yes, that also means that all the brands I've mentioned above, By Wishtrend, Cosrx, and Klairs, are all cruelty-free! How amazing is that? Enjoy up to 40% off and get 5% additional discount using the discount code "WISH0505" upon check out! This promotion will only last from now till the 31st of May 2018, so don't miss out on these deals, click here to view the ongoing promotions!

Labels: , , , , ,