E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Jenn Ne Sais Quoi, Jenn Im x Colourpop
Monday 27 June 2016 at June 27, 2016

A week ago, I finally got my hands on Jenn Ne Sais Quoi or Jenn Ne Sais Quad which is Jenn Im x Colourpop's (clothesencounters) collaboration collection! Colourpop is extremely inaccessible here in Singapore which was why it took me so long to receive them. I got mine from a shop on Carousell called "vaincosmetics". Unfortunately, the shade Un was out of stock, but I decided to get the rest of the set anyway because to be completely honest, I don't really need another champagne shade.

This review is going to be all about the eyeshadow quad, I also purchased Jenn Im x Colourpop's Lippie pencil in Dohee and Lippie Stix in Jenneration X which I have reviewed: here.

I have used the eyeshadows and created 2 different looks for you, but first, let's go through a brief introduction of all the shades first.



So since I'm lacking the first shade, we're gonna begin with the second shade, Deux - a medium sandy brown in Satin finish. I think this is a great colour for all over the lids or even for just contouring your eyelids. If you're not into dark and smokey, this would be a great brown to add a slight definition to your eye look. 

The third shade, I was very excited about. It was the highlight of the quad and one of the reasons why I decided to get the set. Trois - a deep brick red shade with brown undertones in Satin finish. This shade is EVERYTHING. It is unique, it is pretty, it is absolutely wearable. You can easily find dupes for Un, Deux and Quatre, but I don't think you can find a shade like Trois anywhere. This is great to add a pop of colour to your eyes or, if you are adventurous, go all out and smear it all over your lids for a bolder look.


The fourth shade is Quatre - a dark chocolate brown in Matte finish. I love myself a matte brown eyeshadow because they are so easy to wear. A matte brown is the best for providing more depth and contouring to your eyes, and also for intensifying any eye look. 

 (with flash)

(under sunlight)


Now that we know what we're dealing with, let's begin with the make-up looks! 

Look One


I'm starting my look by defining and contouring my eyes, and I'm using Deux for this step. I'm applying the shade on by tapping the eyeshadow on to my outer eyelids and then blending and dragging it towards the inner corners and crease. This will help create more dimensions and making it look more defined. I'm repeating the steps over and over again until it reaches my desired opacity.


To add a cheeky pop of colour, I'm taking Trois and blending it on the outer corners of my eyes. I make sure not to add too much, so it doesn't look too harsh.


Next I am taking a light champagne shade from the Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Smokey Suedes Eye Palette, I find this to be the closest dupe for Un (so use Un for this step!). I'm applying this shade all over my inner lids, inner corners, and brow bone to highlight.


Lastly, I'm lining my upper lash line with Quatre. I love lining my upper lash line so it looks neater when I've curled my lashes and applied mascara. I am also using Quatre to create a soft eyeliner. I'm also using this shade on my outer, lower lash line for more dimensions.


Since I'm not using any eyeliner here, I'm adding false lashes to this look to pump up my natural lashes. Add your favourite mascara, and the look is completed!






For this look, I paired it with both the Lippie Stix in Jenneration X. Since the eye make-up is not so intense, the bold colour of Jenneration X really helped bring out the look.

I love this look because it is definitely something I'd wear all summer. I think it's bright, fun and the pop of coral totally screams summer. You wouldn't need a special occasion to wear this look too! I can totally imagine myself wearing this to a holiday getaway or even a date out. 

Look Two


To begin, I'm applying Deux all over my lids as a base colour.


Next, I'm using Trois and I'm applying it on the outer half of my eye. I really want the red to stand out, so I'm making sure it covers at least half of my eyelids. Concentrating on the outer portion, then blending the colour inwards. I'm also using Trois on the lower lash line to further highlight the red colour.


For a smokey and darker effect, I'm taking Quatre and applying that onto the outer third of my eye. Concentrating more on the outer part as well, then blending inwards. Make sure you don't blend too much because you still want your red eyeshadow to shine. I'm also using this shade on my upper lash line and waterline to smoke out the look.


For highlight, I'm taking the same champange shade from the Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Smokey Suedes Eye Palette and applying that on the inner corners of my eyes, and also on the brow bone to highlight.


Apply your favourite eyeliner and mascara as usual and the look is completed!






Since this eye make-up is more intense, I'm pairing it with the Lippie pencil in Dohee to leave the attention to my eyes.

This look is definitely more smokey and dark, I would wear this to a date night out or any special occasions where I want to look more bold and alluring. I love how the pop of red add a pop of spiciness to the look!

Overall, I recommend these eyeshadows because they are really affordable and you can create so many different looks with it. Duex is a basic eyeshadow colour but what makes it unique is it's Satin finish. Probably 80% of my brown eyeshadows are matte or metallic, but nothing like a Satin finish.  Trois is simply stunning and such a versatile shade. Its bright red colour will be great for summer and spring, but its dark hues are also great for autumn and winter. If you're in a hunt for a dark and rich brown shade for applying on your lids, or drawing as an eyeliner, Quatre is a good choice to consider. 

Labels: , , , , ,