E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Dr.G Brightening Peeling Gel (BB Cosmetic)
Sunday 9 October 2016 at October 09, 2016
Today, I'm reviewing my second product from BB Cosmetic. If you haven't read my first review for them, click here to know more about the Petitfee Black Pearl and Gold Hydrogel Eye Patch! BB Cosmetic is an online shopping site that offers a variety of Korean beauty products, perfect for Korean beauty lovers like myself!


After browsing through their website, I have decided to pick the Dr.G Brightening Peeling Gel to try out. I'm honestly quite a mask collector. Personally, I suffer from high levels of stress, anxiety and exhaustion. So to conquer all that, I love having pamper myself sessions as often as possible and the easiest way to relax myself is to lie in bed with a facial mask and a good show to watch. My boyfriend and I also enjoy having mask sessions together so all these motivates me to keep my mask collection growing! BB Cosmetic do have a good selection of facial masks and skincare products to choose from apart from make-up products, so definitely check them out!

I also have an 8% discount code "F0I13I1BK268" valid up till 8th November 2016 for all my readers so make sure to include it upon checking out! ;)



I have combination skin, however I'm more towards the oilier side and I feel like there are 2 important things to do if you have oily skin, to reduce the chances of breaking out. First, is to remove all the dead skin that is sitting on top on your face. If you don't have a habit of exfoliating your face often, dead skin will form a layer on top of your face and that prevents your skin from absorbing all the facial products you use. What a waste! Dead skin also makes your complexion dull-looking. Hence, I always ensure to gently exfoliate my face at least 3 times a week. Secondly, is to clean out your pores! Clogged pores are the worst and  it is pretty much one of the main reasons why I break out.


So the Dr.G Brightening Peeling Gel is essentially a wash-off mask. Surprise! It's not a peel-off mask. Its main function is to "peel off" all the old tissues and dead skin cells on our face using natural ingredients such as Cotton Fiber Cellulose and Bark extract whilst you are gently rubbing the gel on your face. Apart from getting dirt and dead skin out of our skin, the Dr.G Brightening Peeling Gel also contains other ingredients that will help moisturize and sooth our skin. It's huge misconception that people with oily skin should avoid moisturizing their skin! Even with oily skin, you should continue moisturizing your skin to ensure that it stays lively and healthy. Just avoid products that contains oil. Dr.G Brightening Peeling Gel uses natural ingredients such as Phyto-oligo and Honey forumla to gently hydrate and retain moisture to my skin, making it soft and supple after peeling.

One great thing about this peeling gel is that you don't have to apply it to your entire face. Personally, I like to use different masks to tackle different skin troubles, so I'll usually only use this on clogged areas such as my nose, and chin/jawline. You can even use it to spot-treat any spots you have at the moment!


The consistency of this peeling gel is really thick and moist so it's still a little runny. It has a really strong scent of tea tree I guess? Well the smell just reminds me of any anti-acne skincare product. Personally, I really like the scent as it's minty and minty scents are probably my favs. The special thing about this mask is that you don't actually have to leave it on, which is great if you're not a fan of having a thick layer of gel on your face. All you have to do is to apply a suitable amount on wet skin and start massaging it. The rubbing motions will help the gel "peel" off all the dirt and dead skin on your skin. Once you think you're done, simply rinse off with water. Quick and easy!

Overall, I absolutely love this product. I love how minty fresh it feels and smells on my skin. After peeling, my skin feels rejuvenated, clean and hydrated. Even though it has removed all the unwanted stuff on my skin, it still managed to leave my skin moisturised.

Labels: , , , ,