E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette (+ swatches!)
Thursday 2 March 2017 at March 02, 2017
The Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette is one of the most highly raved eyeshadow palettes in the Youtube beauty scene at the moment. I'm usually not a huge fan of Too Faced's eyeshadow palettes, but this one has certainly caught my attention with it's sweet mix of corals, pinks and wearable shades. So last weekend, I actually picked up this palette to see if it's really worth the hype. 


I got mine from Sephora Ion and it was coincidentally the day that Elyse (@elysereneau) was in stores to promote the launch of Too Faced's Sweet Peach collection! I didn't manage to get a picture with her because honestly I was too shy since I wasn't there specifically to see her or anything. Anyways, the palette is retailing at S$76, but I got a sneaky lil 10% off from my black card points.



The palette comes in a metal packaging which is not one of my favourite type of packaging for an eyeshadow palette although, I do like that it shuts with a magnet. I was really disappointed to find out that my palette actually looked quite old? There were glue marks and stains all over it and the coating of the metal seems to be dropping off as well. Also, there were a couple of marks or dents found around the palette. Overall, I'd give the packaging a 5/10. It sure looks cute but I wouldn't consider it to be impressive. 



What's probably impressive is that this palette comes with 18 shades which I think is a good amount for S$76. As you all should know by now, this palette smells like peaches. In Singapore, peaches are not quite a popular fruit, so if you're unsure of what peaches smells like, just know that it smells exactly like peach tea. In comparison with their previous chocolate-scented products, I prefer the peachy scent as it's lighter, fruitier and feels less crazier on my lids.


Personally, I'm a sucker for pinks, corals, and rose golds eyeshadows shades. And I think that is probably what made me want to get this palette because peach is basically a mixture of coral and pink! Apart from some peach-inspired shades, I love that it includes basic shades such as bronze, copper, browns and champagne too to complete the look. To spice things up a little, it also contains a purple-toned shades, a dull green shade and a dark blue. As you can tell from the image above, it has a good mixture of matte and shimmer shade which I think is great to create countless of different looks.


As for the quality of the eyeshadows, honestly, the swatches were not up to my expectations. You can definitely build it up, but I feel like if compared to other brands such as Lorac Pro, Tarte or Urban Decay, these eyeshadows are lacking the creamy touch in them. However, application was smooth and easy to blend when I was actually use them on my eyelids. Another plus point is that there weren't any fall outs when I was doing my make-up which I think is great!

Overall, this palette is great if you love the peachy shades in the palette. I personally love the peach trend at the moment so I definitely don't mind spending the money for this one. I guess also because majority of the shades included in this palette are also shades that I tend to go towards to, I feel like this could easily be my to-go palette for the next couple of weeks (or even months!). One thing that disappointed me the most was the packaging so make sure to check yours at the counter before purchasing!

Labels: , , ,