E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: By WishTrend MANDELIC ACID 5% SKIN PREP WATER
Tuesday 24 October 2017 at October 24, 2017
Exfoliating is one of my must-do steps in my skincare routine. I sometimes exfoliate my face up to 3 times a week because I genuinely hate the idea of having layers of dead skin cells on my skin surface as that just means that whatever skincare product I use will not work effectively because they will only sit on top of the dead skin cells. Dead skin cells also contributes of dull-looking skin which is not a look I fancy.


When I think about exfoliating, I think about scrubs, peel off masks, exfoliating facial brushes... But never an Exfoliating Water. If you've never heard about an "Exfoliating Water", well, me neither. Which is why I was so fascinated when I was introduced to the By Wishtrend Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water by My Beauty Moments.


My Beauty Moments is an online website based in Singapore, and they offer popular Korean skincare and makeup products that are almost impossible to find in Singapore, example Klairs, Cosrx, Bbia, Eglips and more. They are the authorised distributor for these Korean brands in Singapore, so you can trust that all their products are 100% authentic! I find their prices to be very competitive and similar to the prices in Korea which is awesome because you don't have to pay an additional air ticket to get your hands on these Korean beauty products!


Coming back to the By Wishtrend Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water, this is essentially an Exfoliating Water as I have mentioned. This non-irritant and hydrating product is a mild exfoliant that can be used daily. Since it helps exfoliate your skin on a daily basis, dead skin cells can barely get a chance to idle on your skins' surface, therefore improving the appearance and texture of your skin. One of its key ingredients is Mandelic Acid, which is an alpha hydroxy acid obtained from almonds.


Here are some of the many benefits our skin can get from Mandelic Acid:

1. It helps to deeply cleanse our skin, removing stubborn oils and dirt.
2. It reduces the appearance of enlarged pores.
3. It effectively helps to exfoliate away dead skin cells, leading to smoother, healthier looking skin.
4. It also reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Lastly, it helps in tackling skin discolouration and hyper-pigmentation such as brown spots, freckles and other sun-related sun problems.


You may or may not have noticed that this product is also called a 'Skin Prep Water'. This is because it also helps to boost the effectiveness of other skincare products that you apply on, just like a toner.

As for me, I use this product as a substitute for my everyday toner, 3 to 4 times a week. On days when I have used a scrub, I tend to go for a non-irritant, natural toner instead, such as LUSH's Eau Roma Water, since I don't need further exfoliation, and I feel that a natural toner will help calm my skin better. I don't think this product has any fragrance added as it has a very mild non-artificial scent.


I'm not sure if you can tell from the images, but I've already used up about 1/4 of the bottle. I do like using this product because there are weeks where I'll be too lazy to use a scrub to properly exfoliate my skin, and so this is just a quick and easy way to prevent excessive dead skin built up. During my first few uses, this product actually stings my face in certain areas and it was really unpleasant. But since I had to review it, I continued using it and found that the stinging has now completely stopped.

Overall, I am still using this product as it doesn't break out my skin, and I do notice that my skin feels smoother and softer after using it. I do recommend this product for those who has sensitive skin, but still wants to exfoliate their skin without using a coarse scrub once a week!

Labels: , , , ,