E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Chrysalis™Spa Lajin Meridian Massage
Tuesday 20 February 2018 at February 20, 2018
Prior to entering the workforce, I've always been an active girl. I used to exercise 5 to 6 days a week, and I loved to dance during my free time. Unfortunately, ever since I started my first desk job 3 years ago, I've stopped being so active as holding an office job just means sitting in front of a computer for close to 8 hours a day, and the only walking I get to do is from my desk to the washroom, or to the photocopier machine.

I've never thought that sitting in front of a computer for such long hours will cause any damage to my health, but back in 2015, I started to experience occasional pain around my shoulders and neck. Thinking that it was only a minor issue, I did not take the pain seriously. As years passed, my condition worsen especially in 2017 when I started to experience a constant pain in my lower back. The pain in my lower back caused my legs to feel sore and on numerous occasions, I was unable to fall asleep due to my body pains. I started paying more attention to my body pains by doing occasional yoga, by purchasing loads of medicated plasters and sticking them all over, by massaging myself with mediated ointments, and by doing stretches in the office whenever I can. But the pain persisted.

Although I try my best to go through my de-stress routine whenever I feel mentally overwhelmed, stress is inevitable during work, and this stress I face at work feels just like weights pressing against my shoulders and neck while I'm working. Apart from that, after I came back from my Taiwan trip in January, I noticed my shoulders were slightly "swollen" and that is probably due to the long hours of carrying my DSLR around with me during my entire trip that caused the tension in my shoulders to worsen. When I came back from my Taiwan trip, the pain became a nuisance as not only my back aches, but also my shoulders and neck. I was feeling very unhealthy and stiff, and I knew that I had to find a solution to fix it before it gets even worse.


Thankfully, Chrysalis™Spa came at the right time! They contacted me not too long after and asked if I would like to try out any of their services. I noticed that they have a good selection of massages and so I initially opted to go for their Therapeutic massage which is designed for relaxing and de-stress. Since Chrysalis™Spa has multiple outlets all over Singapore, it was very easy for me to find an outlet near me.


When I arrived at Chrysalis™Spa, I decided to inform them about the body pains I was struggling with and their branch manager recommended me to go for the Lajin Meridian Massage instead which is more suitable for those who are experiencing with shoulders, neck, and back pains usually caused by long hours of sitting and stress. Lajin is a Chinese method of massage and it's directly translated to "Stretching your Tendons and Ligaments". It involves a series of pressing and dragging motions to loosen up any tensions formed in your muscles, as well as improve our overall blood circulation.


The entire massage took 20 minutes which I'm thankful about because instead of a relaxing massage, it was actually quite painful! I was told by their therapist that I have a good tolerance for pain because I lasted all the way without showing any signs of pain, but I was actually just bearing with it because I know that once my knots were loosen, I will feel a lot better. I love how their therapist continuously chats with me throughout the process as it actually makes the pain a lot more bearable. After the treatment was done, I was told that I will get bruises around the areas that she massaged and true enough, the next day, my back was covered in bruises. The bruises didn't really bother me since technically, I couldn't see them... I didn't even know I had bruises until my boyfriend pointed them out to me.


Days passed, and I begin to notice a significant difference in my body pains! The area where I found the most improvement was my neck and shoulders. Prior to the treatment, my neck was constantly aching, and during bad days, it would even cause me to have a headache. This aching neck started towards the end of 2017 and since then, I've been trying out various methods of stretching, and even yoga to ease the ache, but nothing really worked as well as this treatment. In just one session of the Lajin Meridian Massage, my neck doesn't ache anymore and my shoulders feel a lot more relaxed and 'light'. Unfortunately, because I have waited only until now to get my body treated, one session is not enough for my body to go back to its healthy form as I'm still spending most of my time sitting in front of a computer. My lower back is still aching and even though I find my neck and shoulders more relaxed, I wouldn't say it is completely healed. Their therapist did recommend me to go for one Lajin session at least once every 2 weeks until my condition improve, so I'm looking forward to go back again for my next treatment!


In collaboration with Chrysalis Spa ™ for this blog post, they are very kindly offering a special promotion for all my readers! Simply quote "Maureen" at Chrysalis Spa ™ to enjoy the Lajin Meridian Massage at only S$38 (UP S$308.16)! I honestly wished I have gone for the Lajin massage earlier instead of waiting until my condition worsened, so if you're struggling with body pains, I highly recommend you to get it treated as soon as possible to prevent further complications.

To find out more about Chrysalis Spa ™, their services, as well as the latest promotions, make sure to follow them on their social media accounts.

Website: www.chrysalis.com.sg 
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Chrysalisspasg
Instagram: www.instagram.com/chrysalis_spa_singapore

Outlet Location:
AMK Hub #03-26 Tel: 6481 9270
Bedok Mall #B2-39 Tel: 6587 3310
Pacific Plaza #03-13 Tel: 6884 9636
Westgate #B1-43 Tel: 6567 5393
Jurong Point #03-04 Tel: 6265 8308
North Point City #B1-160 Tel: 6252 7138

Labels: , , , ,