E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Colourpop Makeup Haul + Orange Summer Makeup Look
Monday 28 May 2018 at May 28, 2018
Since a new season is right around the corner, I've been experimenting with new makeup looks to prep myself for my upcoming summer holiday. This summer, I decided to go all out with the colour orange after being obsessed with the Vely Vely single eyeshadow in the shade Sunset G, which is a gorgeous orange with gold glitter. Digging the whole orange makeup look, I decided to pop by Colourpop, because I know that with their wide range of eyeshadow shades, I will definitely be able to find what I want.



I ended up getting more than I should to entitle myself for the free shipping, so in today's post, I will be sharing with you a review of what I got, as well as my Orange Summer makeup look I have created using the products from Colourpop! 


Starting with the eyeshadows, I've picked myself the 1. No Biggie Eyeshadow Palette. This eyeshadow palette comes in a rather flimsy-looking plastic packaging, but for the price, I'd say it's decent since it also comes with a mirror, and it's very lightweight and slim which is great for travelling with. This eyeshadow palette isn't "orange-themed", but I decided to get it anyway because I thought the shades are very versatile as they will be suitable for any occasions. 



There are a total of 2 matte shades, a light coral pink shade and a dark burnt sienna shade. One champagne pink shimmer shade, as well as a warm gold glitter. I have yet to use this palette on my eyes, but I'm definitely digging how glittery the gold is and I can definitely mix it with my orange eyeshadows to create a glitter-bomb sunset look. I must say though that there were quite a number of fall outs from the glitter eyeshadow, so make sure to tap the excess off if you're using a brush.


Moving on, it's not a Colourpop haul if you don't get their super shock eyeshadows, so in this haul, I've got two of them! The first one is called 2. Flipper which is a soft tangerine with metallic sliver glitter. I thought this is a good metallic twist to my warm Sunset G eyeshadow, and surprisingly it's a very wearable shade because of how soft it looks on top of my lids. I think this is the perfect shade to highlight your aegyo-sal, or just spam all over your lids for that iridescent glow. 



The second super shock eyeshadow is 3. Twitterpated which is pretty much a pink version of Flipper. It also has hints of oranges in it which makes it the perfect peachy metallic shade. This eyeshadow really reminds me of mermaids and thus, the sea, and thus, summer.



These super shock eyeshadows are soft and fluffy to touch, so I definitely recommend using your fingers instead of a brush to prevent fall outs.

My final eyeshadow in this haul is 4. Bratty which is a stunning matte, bright, orange pressed powder eyeshadow. I got this eyeshadow together with the case so I can carry it with me in my makeup pouch and again, for $1, I think the case is decent, though, kinda flimsy looking. This eyeshadow is super pigmented and smooth and I think it is exactly what I was looking for.



After seeing countless of Youtubers rave about Colourpop's 5. No Filter Concealer, I finally decided to get my hands on not one, but two of them! I deliberately got both in Light 18, which is probably 3 shades lighter than my skin tone, because I wanted something that will significantly brighten up my under eye area as that's the spot where I apply concealer the most. I am extremely satisfied with this shade because it doesn't look unnatural, and the formula of this concealer is so creamy and smooth that it blends out so evenly without creasing throughout the day. It also has a high coverage which is good news to those who are seeking a concealer to cover up any spots or scars.



You also can't call it a Colourpop haul if you don't get their lip products, so my final two products in this haul are lip products! The moment I got onto Colourpop's website, I noticed that they have launched this new type of lipstick called the Lux Lipstick, and they come in this adorable, trendy-looking rose gold packaging with stars on it! Unable to resist them, I decided to try out their 6. Lux Lipstick in the shade Reverie. I wanted something I'd wear loads during this summer, but at the same time something that's not too out of my comfort zone.

Most of the shades in the Lux Lipstick collection are either very nude or brownish, or they're in crazy colours like blue, purple and green. I decided to go with Reverie because it's more towards the natural, pinky side, but it also has hints of orange in it, which you guys should know is my main colour theme for this summer.  This lipstick glides on smoothly, and as you can see from the swatch, it's very pigmented and has a creamy matte finish. It also contains a blend of natural ingredients to provide ample hydration to your lips, as well as protect them from environmental factors. I think this lip colour is still a little too loud for everyday use, therefore I only use a light layer and it's more than sufficient to brighten up my complexion and add a pop of colour to my lips. 


The very last lip product is Colourpop's 7. Ultra Satin Lip in the shade Felix. Staying true to my orange obsession, I just had to pick at least one bright orange lippie. The warmth in the shade orange makes it really easy to match my wam skintone, but because I'm a medium, I can't wear pale, or light coloured lipstick. The shade Felix caught my attention as I think it's one that will go well with my medium skin tone. The Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip is very pigmented, as all of the products from Colourpop, creamy, and I love that it's not completely matte as I have dry lips and matte lipsticks tend to highlight the cracks in my lips. 


So those are the products in my humble Colourpop haul, using majority of the products mentioned, I have created an Orange Summer Makeup look suitable for any summer parties, events, dates, basically any occasion happening this summer!





If you're interested to watch how I did this makeup look and watch the products in action, make sure to subscribe to my Youtube channel to watch the vlog tutorial when it's up!

Labels: , , , , , ,