E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Natural Highlights with Hair Plus Korean Salon!
Thursday 25 April 2019 at April 25, 2019
You should probably know by now that I'm currently in the land of Kimchi, land of K-pop, land of K-beauty... South Korea!!! South Korea is still my favourite country and this being the second time going, of course I have planned to vlog and take lots of memorable and instagram-worthy (oh, millennials) photos, as always, whenever I travel. The need to be in front of a camera so often, really puts pressure on me as I have to ensure that I look presentable at all times which means that before I travel... I'd always do my hair!

A good hair day can change everything for me and I think it plays an important role in how I look and feel for the day. So just 2 days before I went on my holiday, I paid my trusty hair salon, Hair Plus Korean Salon, a visit to fix and neaten up my overgrown, thick mane. Before I begin talking about my experience this time round, here's a brief introduction of Hair Plus Korean Salon for those of you who are new here.


Hair Plus Korean Salon opened its first outlet back in 2005 at Far East Plaza and has since expanded their business with a second outlet at Suntec City. As you can already tell from the name of their salon, they are a Korean salon and so all of their hairdressers are Koreans with over 10 years of hair-styling experience. If you're curious to find out more about their hairstylists, click here or here to see their portfolios. I used to have a 'phobia' of going to hair salons because I always come out being unhappy with my hair, but after working with Hair Plus Korean Salon since 2017, they are the only hair salon I look forward going to and trust because I'm always walking out the salon with 10/10 hair! Even my family and friends have noticed the positive difference in my hair in terms of quality and style after I started going to Hair Plus Korean Salon!


So back in February 2019, I paid them a visit to get my "CNY hair" done and I decided to go darker because I just find it so troublesome to constantly touch up my roots as before that, I had lighter hair. I was extremely satisfied with how it came out (as usual), and my hairstylist, Sharon, did such an amazing job on the cut too! But after a month of loving my new hair colour, me being me, I started missing my lighter brown hair colour as I felt like it suited me better even though I love how I can't even notice my roots has grown with the darker hair. At the same time, I was getting bored with it and wanted something different. Therefore, this time round I decided to get highlights so they'll look more eye-catching and 3D in photos!


If you've read the other blog posts or watched the past videos I did for Hair Plus Korean Salon, you might know that I've always been going to their Far East Plaza outlet, but this time round, I went to their Suntec City outlet which has a completely different vibe and interior! Now another reason why I had to get my hair done this time round is also because I'm actually going to Korea for my pre-wedding photoshoot, and so Hair Plus Korean Salon very kindly offered to do a strand test for me prior to to see if the new colour will suit me and my liking so I won't be regretting my choice when I'm in Korea! So 2 days before my hair appointment, I dropped by their Suntec City outlet to get my strand test done.



Since I wanted highlights, it often means that I'll have to get my hair bleached to lighten it. Not many people like the idea of having their hair bleach because it can be extremely damaging and drying if proper hair care is not done after the bleach, so prior to that, my hairstylist Julie has checked with me before going ahead with the bleaching. 



Heat was applied to quicken the process and once it was done, I was able to compare the difference between the newly dyed strands with my original hair colour. The difference wasn't very big since I already had brown hair to begin with, moreover the area she bleached was strategically chosen so I could see it from the front but at the same time it can easily be hidden, so I don't think anyone even noticed that I had 2 different shades on my hair for that 2 days.

2 days later, it was finally time for my actual hair appointment! Since I was going to have my pre-wedding photoshoot, I requested for something more natural looking and Julie suggested to add more highlights at the bottom while leaving the top portion more natural looking with lesser highlights. I love her suggestion because that would mean that the highlights will show beautifully if I were to do an up-do but at the same time, it will not look too loud and "hippy".

before / after

After bleaching my hair, Julie gave my roots a touch up and she also toned the entire thing to remove the yellow, brassy tones, giving it an ashier, cool-toned look. Once we're done, Julie proceeded to style my hair which is my favourite part of every hair appointment at Hair Plus Korean Salon! So far, all the stylists at Far East Plaza used a straightener to style and curl my hair, but this time round, Julie was the first who used a curling tong. The end results looked amazing and the curls lasted so well!


You can't really tell a huge difference in the before and after photo above because of the lighting, but here's how my hair looks like under natural sunlight! Even though I did not lighten my whole head like what I initially wanted, the highlights really lightened the overall look of my hair and also gave it more dimensions. Despite bleaching, my hair feels so soft and smooth, in fact, it's probably smoother than before thanks to the hair care products they applied for me. 



Once again, I'm so happy with my new hair and I've already been getting praises about my new hair too! I can't wait to see how it will look like in my pre-wedding photos. If you're keen on getting a Korean style makeover for your hair, I've got good news! Hair Plus Korean Salon is currently having on-going promotions to celebrate their 14th anniversary including 20% off their Korean Volume Rebonding + Perm + Treatment package as well as 10% off their Korean Cinderella Protein Treatment. For more information as well as other promotional prices, feel free to call them at 6235 2234 (Far East Plaza)/6235 5883 (Suntec City), or check out their Facebook and Instagram pages!

Labels: , , ,