E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: Pre-wedding Photoshoot in Korea Part 2 (Pre-photoshoot)
Monday 27 May 2019 at May 27, 2019
Welcome to part two of our pre-wedding photoshoot journey in Korea!

In today's blog post, I will be sharing with you the hiccup we encountered, as well as the preparations we did prior to the actual photoshoot in Korea. I didn't expect this to take up one blog post on its own, but surprisingly there were so much preparations to do before the trip to Korea! If you've read part one, then you'll know that my boyfriend and I have chosen Wonkyu Studio (I'm just gonna call them 'Wonkyu' from now onward), and specifically, we have chosen to go ahead with the Masterpiece studio which is one of the 6 stunning studios offered by Wonkyu.

(picture credit to Wonkyu Studio)

After paying the deposit and signing the contract in November 2018, we thought that everything was finalized until sometime in January 2019, Wonkyu suddenly contacted us and told us that the Masterpiece studio will be under construction during the time we were supposed to have our photoshoot. (...) We definitely felt unhappy and stressed out because we have already booked our air tickets and paid the deposit by then, but instead of kicking a huge fuss, we figured out that what we needed to do was to solve the situation at hand calmly with their staff. Wonkyu gave us 2 obvious solutions, one was to change the date of the photoshoot, and the other was to change the studio. Changing the date was tough for us since we have already booked our tickets and the renovation dates were already fixed during most days of our trip. So at that time, we really only had one choice left which was to change our studio.

Like I mentioned, Wonkyu offers 6 studios and the prices differs. There are 2 other studios that costs the same as Masterpiece, but we weren't that interested in them although they do look very stunning as well. The only studio we were interested back when we were browsing through the portfolios was Sixth Floor, but we went with Masterpiece because Six Floor is the most expensive studio offered by Wonkyu and we felt that the Masterpiece was good enough. So, praying hard, we proposed to switch our studio to Sixth Floor without any additional charges.


(pictures credit to Wonkyu Studio)

Turns out this hiccup was a blessing in disguise as Wonkyu Studio agreed to let us have Sixth Floor at the price of Masterpiece, and they also had better dates available for us! Woohoo! After we've signed our new contract, it's time to anticipate and prep for the photoshoot! A month before the photoshoot, we received a PDF briefing that basically outlined the timeline of the photoshoot, what to bring, what will be provided, what we should do before the photoshoot, etc. We also received a call from Wonkyu who went through the briefing with us.







(pictures credit to Sixth Floor Instagram)

You don't have to follow my sequence, but all of Wonkyu's portfolios look amazing and I think for the most parts, it's because their models are so damn good-looking and of course, photogenic. I wanted to see what an average, normal, non-model person will look like in the same setting and so the first thing I did was to follow Wonkyu's Instagram pages (wonkyu's | sixth floor's) where they'll share photos of real couples! From there, I can also see some new poses that weren't included in their portfolios and if I like them, I'll save them in my phone for reference.
The next thing I did was to save the entire Sixth Floor portfolio in my phone to familiarize myself with the scenes available. Spoiler? During the dress fitting, the staff and translator will verbally refer back to the portfolio to see which style suits the theme and background, so it's good to know which are the scenes they are talking about! We also used the photos as a guide to plan our looks which I will discuss next.
Instead of going to the dress shop (in my case, it's Rosa Sposa) and picking out the dresses yourself on the spot, it is advisable to find out what designs of gowns you like, as well as find out what necklines and silhouette you prefer in advance so the staff can filter them out for you and pick the dresses for you. So for this part, Pinterest definitely came in useful! Here are a couple of images I saved!

(link | link | link)

For my first white wedding gown, I wanted one with a ballgown silhouette, preferably with an off shoulder neckline. For my second white wedding gown, I wanted a slim fitted dress with lace or diamonds, and I also wanted a gown with puffy sleeves and so I made sure to find some gowns with similar designs to what I have in my head. I'm pretty familiar with what styles I like and dislike (eg. high necklines), but if you're unsure, you can find many wedding dress guides on Pinterest too.
For the groom, only 1 set of tuxedo will be provided. So to avoid looking the same for all photos, my boyfriend and I decided to go and shop for more clothes (i.e. another suit) and accessories (i.e. neckties) for him. We also made sure to bring along some of his formal work shirts and pants as only one white shirt and one black pants will be provided. Apart from the groom's outfit, we were also allowed to prepare one set of casual outfit and so we took it to Pinterest once again to find some inspirations.

(my boyfriend trying out his new suit)

For the bride, I felt that sufficient gowns and accessories are provided (clip-on earrings are also available for those who doesn't have any piercings!), and so I did not bother buying any additional items for my looks. But if you wish to prepare even more accessories for the bride, I will recommend bringing another pair of shoes because they only have one design at the studio. Necklaces, bracelets and rings are also not provided.

Similar to the gowns, I was advised to save images of my preferred hairstyle and makeup looks. For my makeup, I wanted to go with something feminine, as well as something I'm familiar with, so of course... I chose something that's pink and coral. For my hair, I just wanted a natural wavy look.
Some things can be photoshopped, such as your skin, and your body shape - so no need to get stressed over having the perfect skin or the perfect figure! But some things cannot be photoshopped and those are your hair colour, overgrown roots, body hair, and ungroomed nails. So prior to our trip, I made sure to go for my hair appointment at Hair Plus Korean Salon, shave, and I also trimmed my nails so they look neat (I went with bare nails to keep things looking simple and timeless).

Once you've made all these preparations, it's time to jet off to Korea for the photoshoot which I will be talking about in the final part of this "pre-wedding photoshoot in Korea" series!

Labels: , , , , ,