E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: ALIVE LAB The True Love Story of Toner and Emulsion
Monday 11 December 2017 at December 11, 2017
As mentioned in my previous Alive Lab review, I was sent a total of 3 products to try out from Alive Lab. One of which is the Multi Ice Cream, and the other two is Alive Lab's The True Love Story of Toner and Emulsion, which is what I will be talking about today!


I'm sure you can already tell from the names of the products that they are a pair of toner and emulsion. One product is retailing at 15,000won each, however you can also get them in a set for a total of 25,000won (~S$31)! Once again, I was blown away by the adorable packaging of the products. It looks and reminds me so much of a bottled drink and that is the first I've seen for a toner and emulsion. Honestly, if I didn't know it was a toner, I'd probably thought it's a drink...



The True Love Story of Toner

Previously, I was using Mamonde's Rose Water Toner. However, I've emptied it and so this toner came just at the right time! Consistency wise, it really reminds me of the Rose Water Toner as it is very watery, light, and refreshing. It also has a mild floral fragrance that is barely noticeable for me.


The main point about this toner is that it does not contain any alcohol, therefore makes it very gentle on the skin and suitable for all skin types. If you've watched my updated skincare routine video, you will know that I prefer a low-irritant or non-irritant toner, like this one! I feel like moisturizing toners are becoming quite a trend recently that it's no longer a surprise to find out that your toners can be moisturizing too! This toner in particular has moisturizing properties in it which is awesome as you can either pour it into a spray bottle and use it as a facial mist, or if you have oily skin like I do, I love using moisturizing toners to quickly wipe off any excess oil on my skin while replenishing some of the loss moisture. This toner also helps to remove any stubborn dirt that you've failed to cleanse away with your cleanser, making sure that your skin is prepped for the essence and moisturizers you'll be applying next.



So far, I have been using this toner for a month and I haven't seen my skin reacting badly to it. I especially love how it leaves my skin feeling super clean and non-greasy.

The True Love Story of Emulsion

I've always heard of this skincare product called an 'Emulsion', but I've never tried one before until I received this product. So what exactly is an Emulsion? Well, an emulsion is simply a type of moisturizer that is lighter and 'thinner' than your average moisturizer. It is supposedly more suitable for people with thinner layers and sensitive skin as this thinner formula is less likely to irritate your skin or clog your pores.


First impressions, this moisturizer is definitely noticeably thinner than my usual moisturizer as it feels almost as if I've added water into my moisturizer to dilute it. Once you smooth it out onto your face, it feels quite watery and gel-like without any traces of oil, and I guess it's because this emulsion is water-based and contains 0 oil! Woohoo! Another good news for oily skin peeps like myself.


Honestly, in the beginning, I wasn't quite used to using an emulsion because of the different texture. However, I had my eyebrows embroidered and was told by the beautician that I have thin layers/sensitive skin. So since this product is beneficial to people with my skin type, I thought I'd give it a try and also because I need to do this review.


After using it for a month, I feel like I have become obsessed with this emulsion. I realized how thick my previous moisturizers were and it was probably clogging up my pores, making my acne problem worse. I don't feel like this is any less moisturizing than my previous moisturizers too!


Overall, I think it's safe to say that I am officially impressed with the products from Alive Lab and I will be looking forward to try out even more products from them once I've used up this set! Thank you so much Alive Lab for sending me all these amazing skincare products!

Labels: , , , , ,