E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: ColourPop's Yes, Please! Pressed Powder Shadow Palette (+ swatches!)
Monday 6 November 2017 at November 06, 2017

Well, about 1 to 2 weeks ago, I ordered US$50 worth of makeup from ColourPop to qualify myself for free international shipping, and also to urmmm, satisfy my cravings of owning new eyeshadow palettes...? Is that weird? Please tell me I'm not the only one...



Anyway, the Colourpop's Yes, Please! palette is one that I've been eyeing on for so long, and the reason why I only managed to get one now is because it has been out of stock for the past couple of months. So when I saw that it was back in stock, I immediately added it into my cart. Honestly, I didn't even need to think twice about this purchase.



First off, packaging. This palette, like all the other 12-pan eyeshadow palettes from ColourPop, comes in a box. It has a combination of bright red and yellow which reminds me of the 1980s for some reasons. The actual palette is less interesting as it's rather plain with only the words "CUTE AF" (and "ColourPop) written on the cover. Eh, I'm not digging the phrase "CUTE AF", but whatever. Overall simple design, lightweight, slim, and mirror-less.




This palette consists a variety of oranges, corals, golds, reds and neutrals. On first glance, I knew that this was going to be one of my favourite palettes because this palette literally has all the shades I love to slap onto my lids. As usual, ColourPop's pressed powder shadows never disappoints as they are smooth, and most importantly, extremely pigmented and vibrant (swatches below!). My favourite shades are definitely the shimmer, glitter shades because they just add such a huge impact to the overall eye look.




I decided to do a makeup look using this palette to create a versatile look that can be worn during the summer, or fall. This look reminds me of both the summer heat, sunset, as well as the crisp autumn leaves. If I'm wearing this look during the fall season, I'll probably use either a dark, or a nude coloured lipstick to emphasize the cold weather. And if I'm wearing this look during summer, I'll definitely use a brighter coloured lipstick like a hot pink one.



If you're interested to watch how I created this look, click here! Surprisingly, despite the intimidating looking bright colours, the shades are very easy to work with because they compliment each other so well. If you're afraid of using the bright colours like yellow and bright orange, this palette also has a very good selection of warm toned neutrals such as golds and browns.





Labels: , , , ,